Dear Mr. Boehm

I know yiubare looking into the agreement on if Coach will get his bonus money for being coach of the year. PAY HIM! His peers chose him and the media winner even said Tim was the guy. Coach Miles has earned it and I want to thank him for everything he has done. He has jolted this program and fan base to a level I never imagined. Walking in and out of the raikyard yesterday was like a football game day...it is 30 hours later and I am still on a high over this win. This guy gets it and we want him a very long time. I get Tim Miles has tons of money and other bonus money coming. Pay him to reward him for never allowing a grouobifbkids to be defined tobwhat the "experts" say. Tim took this team and had some challenges early...he stayed the course, they played together and us always is 100% their motto. One of the most special things I saw last night was the reaction to Peltz proposal... The entire team before the biggest game of their lives were there as a family to greet he and his fiancee. I have seen many husker teams and been apart of a few on the inside. There has lacked a family vibe ....we have that now and that is because of Tim, his coaches and his captains. It starts at the top and I am proud that the coach of the year in the big ten is our guy.

Thanks Coach for a year for the ages and let's not stop now!

Go Big Red!

Agree. Let's not do a single thing to cause any ill feelings. We are going to want this guy for a long, long time and the only way we're going to keep him is if we treat him the way he deserves. I'm quite confident Marc and company agree, know this and will do the right thing.

Also, Marc... can we PLEASE get Tim Miles bobbleheads next year? And perhaps start a "Hall of Fame series" with one per year for the next several years, both men and women?

We make this his job where he wants to be...facilities..check...fan support ..check...recruiting needs..check and now pay him andmake sure his contract buyout would cripple a program to come get him. Treat him so he would tell any other school hell no or that they know to not even pick up the phone.

I know yiubare looking into the agreement on if Coach will get his bonus money for being coach of the year. PAY HIM! His peers chose him and the media winner even said Tim was the guy. Coach Miles has earned it and I want to thank him for everything he has done. He has jolted this program and fan base to a level I never imagined. Walking in and out of the raikyard yesterday was like a football game day...it is 30 hours later and I am still on a high over this win. This guy gets it and we want him a very long time. I get Tim Miles has tons of money and other bonus money coming. Pay him to reward him for never allowing a grouobifbkids to be defined tobwhat the "experts" say. Tim took this team and had some challenges early...he stayed the course, they played together and us always is 100% their motto. One of the most special things I saw last night was the reaction to Peltz proposal... The entire team before the biggest game of their lives were there as a family to greet he and his fiancee. I have seen many husker teams and been apart of a few on the inside. There has lacked a family vibe ....we have that now and that is because of Tim, his coaches and his captains. It starts at the top and I am proud that the coach of the year in the big ten is our guy.

Thanks Coach for a year for the ages and let's not stop now!

Go Big Red!

OK.. I'm lost on your first comment. What do you mean he's looking into if Miles gets the bonus? Your comment is the first time I'm seeing there is any question. Do you have a link or a source that says otherwise???? Just asking because you say you know the AD is looking into if the bonus is due.

I agree with you, nuled.  Don't take a chance of creating any bad feelings.  The $50K is a relative pittance but it tells the coach you support him and it might engender a greater sense of loyalty.  Now's not the time to act like a skinflint.  Take care of him now and he'll remember it.  Don't take care of him now and he'll remember it.

Staff too please? Tim does a great job, but he's said (quite a bit, on the record) that he has great people around him. He may not be looking elsewhere, but his staff may become a decent commodity after this year. I've wondered some if part of the problem Doc had was that the assistants were (comparatively, anyway) paid peanuts and he couldn't keep them here. IIRC, Brandon Ubel had something like 13 different coaches through his career here. If we're handing out free money, let's include them too.

Staff too please? Tim does a great job, but he's said (quite a bit, on the record) that he has great people around him. He may not be looking elsewhere, but his staff may become a decent commodity after this year. I've wondered some if part of the problem Doc had was that the assistants were (comparatively, anyway) paid peanuts and he couldn't keep them here. IIRC, Brandon Ubel had something like 13 different coaches through his career here. If we're handing out free money, let's include them too.

Yeah.  Tim doesn't need the $50K but he could do what TO used to do with his bonuses:  Give them to his staff.

Create some good will all around.

I agree 100% with Norm that the COY bonus should be paid without question, even though it was not a "consensus" award that included the media. It should be paid as a good-faith gesture to set the table for further positive negotiations when the time comes. Nebraska needs to leave no question that it's ready and willing to take care of Miles.

The University's legal counsel will tell them they don't have to pay it. I frankly don't care. Pay the man.

I agree 100% with Norm that the COY bonus should be paid without question, even though it was not a "consensus" award that included the media. It should be paid as a good-faith gesture to set the table for further positive negotiations when the time comes. Nebraska needs to leave no question that it's ready and willing to take care of Miles.

The University's legal counsel will tell them they don't have to pay it. I frankly don't care. Pay the man.

Trust me this is not a legal decision but a financial one, us making the trny this yr creates a lot more than 50k........whether they pay him or not it they will not be reviewing it from a legal standpoint.  And I think financially the 50k is a no-brainer that you pay it whether he technically earned it or not.  Regardless he will be taken care of financially if he keeps this up.

I would suggest that it should be done in the form of a raise as a result of his progress rather than a performance bonus that was not met. Raises are better, anyways.

OP gives the impression that Boehm is somehow being tight fisted about this. Not at all my impression from the OWH article. Rather, I think he just needs a bit of time to get ducks in a row. Also, is that Boehm's decision to make? Maybe it is but he might just want to check with the AD before doling out $50,000. I know that is chicken feed for most folks but in my world that's still a lot of money.