The Best

Kent is one of the last of a generation of extremely talented radio broadcasters who can make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up from "the call" of the game. I consider Kent and Bob Davis to be the best two college radio play by play guys in the country - and I am a full-time radio guy who also listens to between 75-100 D-1 basketball PBP guys per year, so I think I'm qualified to say that.

It's been several years since we spoke Kent but I am so thankful you are doing well, that you stopped by and that you continue to be one of the premiere PBP guys in the country for OUR program.

I hope we have you 15 more years and I hope even more that you will be announcing our first (of many) NCAA Tournament wins in about 11-12 days.

Kent

My passion for Husker hoops was forged during many a cold, dark winter nights driving home after high school basketball practice way out in the Sandhills back in 1986.

I would get in the old frozen 1973 Ford LTD and turn my AM radio on to a crackly KFAB and listen intently - shivering - to every call you and Sadlemeyer made during that great first year of the Danny Nee era, often sitting outside the house with my car running so I wouldn't miss a single play.  When there was a long enough break in the action, I would hustle up to my room to do homework and turn on my Kenwood hi-fi to listen to each and every second of the game even though the reception was half static, it didn't matter!

It is because of you, Kent (and Gary Sadlemeyer), that I am a life long fan of the Huskers.  It cannot be stated enough here or anywhere else, that you too are the best!

Kent, I've been hustling to the car after games mostly to hear the postgame and also to see if you survived being as crazy excited as these games have been. I'm guessing it's impossible but you guys should put that Wisconsin broadcast out as a podcast. Charge a few bucks or whatever it takes. I'd love to buy it and listen.

Fantastic! You are a big part of what makes Husker Nation so great! One of the best!

There's another pxp guy up there in Omaha that could take a few lessons from the Best. One thing we know for sure is that the voice of Husker Basketball would never stoop so low and go onto the best Husker basketball forum and post something an opposing coach said that he thought was derogative to our team to incite the fans! 

I'm not sure exactly why I am motivated to suspend my longtime status as fan and lurker of the best Husker basketball site on the planet.  On second thought, I do know.  I am so juiced that I may never come down.

Actually I just wanted to join the fray here briefly after one of the very best times in my broadcast career. This season has been the best.  The Wisconsin game was the best.  Tim Miles and his staff are the best. These players are the best.  The Vault is the best.  Nebrasketball fans are the best. The RedZone is the best.  Heck, even Matt Davison is the best.  

Thanks to all of you for your meaningful, funny, heartfelt and insightful discourse on the site. I've enjoyed it for many years.  

We share a passion that has been a relatively small fraternity over the years.  And the fact that we now need a bigger bandwagon, well, that's best of all.

Finally, you all are the best.  Carry on.  

I see a theme in Kent's post but can't put my finger on it.

I'm not sure exactly why I am motivated to suspend my longtime status as fan and lurker of the best Husker basketball site on the planet.  On second thought, I do know.  I am so juiced that I may never come down.

Actually I just wanted to join the fray here briefly after one of the very best times in my broadcast career. This season has been the best.  The Wisconsin game was the best.  Tim Miles and his staff are the best. These players are the best.  The Vault is the best.  Nebrasketball fans are the best. The RedZone is the best.  Heck, even Matt Davison is the best.  

Thanks to all of you for your meaningful, funny, heartfelt and insightful discourse on the site. I've enjoyed it for many years.  

We share a passion that has been a relatively small fraternity over the years.  And the fact that we now need a bigger bandwagon, well, that's best of all.

He's a fan of Tom Best?

*faints*

I consider Kent a huge reason that I became a Nebraska Basketball fan when I moved here in the early 80s. And in the process I turned my 3 kids into fans. And their respective spouses & significant others. It was part of my daughters wedding vows. Really.

Thank you for your passion Kent. It means everything.

Edited for clarity and because I CAN spell

He's a fan of Tom Best?

THAT'S IT!!!