Shavon Shields

Swan88

Is Shavon Shields a left handed or right handed shooter? The bandage is on his right elbow.

Maybe it was an optical illusion, but standing side-by-side with Walter Pithford, Shavon did not seem to be 4 inches shorter.

Is Tulane to be his first game on the floor? Or perhaps that won't occur until Kent State?

The Kansas City connection looks to be very important for the Huskers this year: Shavon, Benny and Brandon.

Is Shavon Shields a left handed or right handed shooter? The bandage is on his right elbow.

Maybe it was an optical illusion, but standing side-by-side with Walter Pithford, Shavon did not seem to be 4 inches shorter.

Is Tulane to be his first game on the floor? Or perhaps that won't occur until Kent State?

The Kansas City connection looks to be very important for the Huskers this year: Shavon, Benny and Brandon.

On the postgame show, Miles said he is hopeful Shields will be ready for Tulane

• 11 months later...

One thing about Miles, he keeps us laughing. That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Is the "cliche" Miles referring to the nerdy college kid or perhaps Urkel-ish? Not sure of the hilarity there...

I don't mean to be rude, and you might just not find it humorous, but you do know that it was a video, correct?

Since you only commented on Shavon's appearance I wasn't certain.

One thing about Miles, he keeps us laughing.  That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Is the "cliche" Miles referring to the nerdy college kid or perhaps Urkel-ish?  Not sure of the hilarity there...

The video is Miles' voice in the background asking Shavon if he's ready for media day and Shavon says, "Yep, coach" and starts reciting a bunch of meaningless clichés.  I thought it was hilarious.

One thing about Miles, he keeps us laughing.  That was funny, I don't care who you are.

Is the "cliche" Miles referring to the nerdy college kid or perhaps Urkel-ish?  Not sure of the hilarity there...

I just pulled it up again and now all it shows is a still photo and not the video of Shavon reciting his clichés.  If you didn't get the video, you would miss the joke.  Have to see the video.

I just pulled it up again and now all it shows is a still photo and not the video of Shavon reciting his clichés.  If you didn't get the video, you would miss the joke.  Have to see the video.

Thanks, definitely didn't see any video earlier when I asked the question.

• 4 months later...

Im not an expert, by any means, but it looks to me that teams, are pulling game film from his 3-5 game stretch were his knee, and lower body was not 100% and are not giving his dribble drive game enough respect and credit, myself, and several other posters on this board both see similarities between shavon, and paul pierce, given their deceptive first step quickness, and general herky jerky drive game. He has been so clutch this year in the biggest games, im shocked BTN gave him nothing, hopefully the coaches ratify this.

Shields has got to be a hard player to simulate in practice. His game is so amorphous. It's not angular. He's like plastic man around the rim, and also uses the spin move a lot. He's deceptively quick too. 

speaking of angles, he uses angles on the court very well, and he is a assassin similar to TP, if you bite on that ball fake to the left or right, he takes it right away, and if you back off, 10-15 in, its a pullup within a second, this kid is just amazing to watch.