That was a special environment tonight

royalfan

Thanks to all who participated in that.  Several times I got chills.  I have never been in a place like that where everyone came together and refused to lose.  I knew there was no sit Sunday and what not.  But it blew away my wildest dreams.  Congrats Husker Nation.  We deserved it with that effort!! 

I'm not one to cry, but I had a few moments just prior to tipoff that a tear was in my eye.... more about the journey of Nebrasketball than anything. For Nebraska to dig out of the depths even this year & now to be in position to Dance by the end of this memorable night!!  It's fun to be a Husker fan, especially sharing the moment w/ 16,000 of my friends!!

I'm not one to cry, but I had a few moments just prior to tipoff that a tear was in my eye.... more about the journey of Nebrasketball than anything. For Nebraska to dig out of the depths even this year & now to be in position to Dance by the end of this memorable night!!  It's fun to be a Husker fan, especially sharing the moment w/ 16,000 of my friends!!

Nebrasketball- Where grown men are brought to tears. I cried too, my friend.

Nebrasketball- Where grown men are brought to tears. I cried too, my friend.

But at least this time they are tears of joy!

I'm really proud of the crowd for following through on a No Sit Sunday and being so loud most of the game. I'm pretty sure I yelled out "Oh my God this is the greatest thing ever" more than one time. Amazing to be a part of. Especially after being remined this morning via twitter that the UMBC game happened and I was there to watch it.

Too bad this had to be a sunday game and not a saturday game. I would have loved to just be waking up from a victory celebration. Those are the best hangovers.

Had a lot of dust in my section...that's what I'm claiming for the watery eyes during senior intros. Maybe it's the happily-ever-after girl in me, but Peltz proposing had me in tears. Nebraska Basketball has a funny way of bringing out the romantic in me.

And then at the end of the game, I dragged my dad onto the court with me when I rushed it. He'd never done anything like that, so kind of a cool moment to share with him.