OT Deb Patterson

Bugeaters1

That AD comes off looking like an amateur throwing a temper tantrum. I saw the list that Romero compiled of schools she'd be interested in. Under "Big Ten" Nebraska was listed. And then the release specifying she can go anywhere she's *not* interested in...quite ridiculous. 

Did you watch the video ? In it she said that she just listed schools not that she was interested in any of them and then they say that she can't go to any of them. That is absurd what a bunch of %$#&^%* MORONS.

Yes, sad situation and KSU is now the punchline. One of the lol comments from ESPN:

I guess the "K-State" on the uniform stands for Kafkaesque State.

Like the commenter said it is Kafkaesque State

Here's how crazy-stupid this situation is:

They fire the coaching staff.

Romero asks to be released.

Granting the release, at that point, rested in the discretion of the AD who could have granted it ... but didn't.

He claimed "tampering" etc. for which they ultimately appeared to have no evidence whatsoever.

After the AD denied the release, Romero appealed (per procedures) to some sort of review panel, which also denied.

The AD subsequently changed his mind and now would like the review panel to reconvene and grant the release.

BUT  (and here's where it gets especially ridiculous) ...

Once Romero appealed, the decision was no longer in the hands of the AD, right?  He had discretion to grant the release at the time Romero asked for it and could have changed his mind later and granted it had she not appealed.

But as soon as Romero appealed, it was no longer under the control of the AD.  He no longer has a say in the matter.  It's totally out of his hands.

So, even though he could have originally granted it and now would like to see the release granted, HE CAN NO LONGER GRANT THE RELEASE.

What's worse ... the appeals people can't review their own decision.  Their procedural rules don't provide any option for re-hearing or reconsideration.  Once they decide ... it's OVER.

And, when they rejected Romero's appeal, that ended it.  She won't get a release.  And there's not a damn thing anyone at that institution can do about it.  They made a bad decision based on no evidence and they've boxed themselves in.  Now, they're all stuck with this big black eye.

They deserve the horrible media attention this will continue to bring them.

I wonder if any men from KSU's basketball team have ever sought and been granted releases.  I bet there have been.  Wonder if she could bring some sort of claim for discrimination based on gender. 

The men's team had a big dorky center under the Huggins regime who ended up not being quite as good as his recruiting ranking would have suggested.  I believe he transferred out. 

Any other transfers?

And has KSU benefitted from anyone transferring IN? 

How about that kid from Miami who always killed us in hoops who played in the backcourt alongside the Pullen kid?  Didn't he transfer in from Miami or something?

Hypocrisy, thy name is Kansas State; stupidity, thy name is John Currie.

Brandon Bolden transferred to Kansas State from Georgetown to play men's basketball.

Justin Edwards transferred from Maine. 

Omari Lawrence is a transfer from St. John's.

All play for the Wildcats' men's basketball team and were on the '13-'14 roster.

Sooooo Kansas State has no problem accepting someone else's transfers.

K-State is truly a mess in the Women's BB program.  I cannot believe how far they have fallen.  When Kendra Wecker and Nicole Ohlde played there they were a fun team to watch and were home grown.  When they played in Austin a year ago they only suited up 7 girls.  I wonder what Northern Colorado is getting into but I believe Kami Ethridge is a good coach.

I wonder if any men from KSU's basketball team have ever sought and been granted releases.  I bet there have been.  Wonder if she could bring some sort of claim for discrimination based on gender. 

The men's team had a big dorky center under the Huggins regime who ended up not being quite as good as his recruiting ranking would have suggested.  I believe he transferred out. 

Any other transfers?

And has KSU benefitted from anyone transferring IN? 

How about that kid from Miami who always killed us in hoops who played in the backcourt alongside the Pullen kid?  Didn't he transfer in from Miami or something?

Hypocrisy, thy name is Kansas State; stupidity, thy name is John Currie.

I think they had a kid transfer just this if memory serves me right.

She would have to red shirt this season, but then next season when we lose Cady, Sample, T, and Brandi, we could have an experienced excellent guard on the floor along with Theriot, Jess Shepard, Havers, this year's frosh class, and the other newcomers in 2015.  She could be a good fit for us.  But do we have room? 

I have seen her play a bunch. she is really good. I would think almost every school in the country would be at least sort of interested.  She is a proven all conf. type player.

And now, because of all the puplicity, she now has nation wide exposer. I imagine lots of schools will be calling.

I have seen her play a bunch. she is really good. I would think almost every school in the country would be at least sort of interested.  She is a proven all conf. type player.

And now, because of all the puplicity, she now has nation wide exposer. I imagine lots of schools will be calling.

She was the Big 12 freshman of the year.  I would assume plenty of people were aware of her and her circumstances.  The wolves were waiting in the wings ready to pounce.

Interesting as it may be it sounds as if Leticia Romero the player all the hub-bub was about is in Greeley, CO. this weekend visiting of all places Northern Colorado. Stay tuned.

K-State will have earned that one if she goes there, after saying she wasn't going there. 

• 2 weeks later...