OT Deb Patterson

Bugeaters1

Do you suppose this is KSU's way of warning any of the other players about transferring? Sort of making an example out Romero so that no one else will think of transferring?

Or no one else will think about committing to play there in the first place.  That's one of the things people have hinted about.  KSU has this policy of not releasing kids who want to transfer.   And kids should think about that before they sign their LOI to go there.

I mean, no one will EVER use that against KSU in recruiting, in women's basketball or any other sport, will they?  Surely not.

I still think Patterson's got her vindictive hands involved with this somehow.

The new women's basketball coach probably can't believe what he's gotten himself into. He can't help but hate that it's playing out the way it is. He took a pay cut to take over this job and now, most likely for the next how many years he's going to be recruiting his butt off with nothing to show for it. Then after four years the administration will say they want to take the program in another direction because of the losing seasons and he'll be out on his rear end looking to catch on somewhere else.

Wow.  Interesting to see how this affects Kourteney Zadina of Seward, who will be a sophomore for UNC

Sounding more and more as if practically the whole coaching staff let go at Kansas St will be on staff at Colorado St. Only thing different will be Etheridge and Patterson will change titles. Poor Kourteney she didn't sign up for this.  :( 

Wow.  Interesting to see how this affects Kourteney Zadina of Seward, who will be a sophomore for UNC

Sounding more and more as if practically the whole coaching staff let go at Kansas St will be on staff at Colorado St. Only thing different will be Etheridge and Patterson will change titles. Poor Kourteney she didn't sign up for this.  :(

Row, I'm confused--did you mean UNC vs. CSU?

Isn't that where Hanna Tvrdy went also, Or did she go to No. Colorado.

Row, I'm confused--did you mean UNC vs. CSU?

Ethridge is the new coach at No. Colorado. http://www.uncmirror.com/a-new-era-begins-in-northern-colorado-women-s-basketball-1.3166835#.U2gzbCjHjXU

I would suppose now that all the former KState coaches have been officially announced as Northern Colorado assistants coaches, K State will grant the kid from Spain a transfer to any school other than Northern Colorado and the rest of the Big 12 in attempt to save face in what has become a national backlash to the athletic program down in Manhattan.

Northern Colorado Women's Basketball head coach Kamie Ethridge announced the addition of three coaches to her staff on Monday, reuniting with her former coaching staff at Kansas State. The hiring of associate head coach Shalee Lehning and assistants Kelly Moylan and Deb Patterson will finalize the coaching staff for the Bears.

http://uncbears.com/sports/wbkb/2013-14/releases/201405129jezip

I heard she is probably going JUCO for a year.

KState removed her name from next years roster yesterday. So it sounds as if she's set on going to Hutchinson JC. To me that falls right into the hands of previous coach tampering because after one year at Hutch she will be free to go anywhere she wants and anywhere she wants will most likely be Northern Colorado. Maybe KState is letting this thing play out a little longer and will release her yet I'm not sure, but they could still block her from going to Northern Colorado if they would grant her a release. It's a strange situation down there and it's bound to hurt their future recruiting big time.  

They have really REALLY screwed the pooch here.  And I understand the position that KSU is unable to comment due to privacy laws.  That's true.  But the AD tweeted comments that any reasonable person would understand were intended to imply that the prior coaches had tampered with her and that she hadn't followed "guidelines" for requesting a release. 

What an absurd situation.  And all of KSU's making.  Really reflects poorly on their AD.

They have really REALLY screwed the pooch here.  And I understand the position that KSU is unable to comment due to privacy laws.  That's true.  But the AD tweeted comments that any reasonable person would understand were intended to imply that the prior coaches had tampered with her and that she hadn't followed "guidelines" for requesting a release. 

What an absurd situation.  And all of KSU's making.  Really reflects poorly on their AD.

Just a disgusting institution. May they fail in every athletic endeavor.

That AD comes off looking like an amateur throwing a temper tantrum. I saw the list that Romero compiled of schools she'd be interested in. Under "Big Ten" Nebraska was listed. And then the release specifying she can go anywhere she's *not* interested in...quite ridiculous. 

What would be the reasoning that she couldn't go anywhere but Northern Colorado?  Why exclude schools on the list she made?  I could also maybe see that they wouldn't want her to stay in conference, but anything else?  And what kind of AD takes to social media to make implications about a situation that he has botched?  Amateur hour down in the Little Apple.  I keep hearing on the KState board that she is being selfish and should consider her teammates.  How about her teammates rally around her for an obvious injustice that negatively effects their entire program?

That AD comes off looking like an amateur throwing a temper tantrum. I saw the list that Romero compiled of schools she'd be interested in. Under "Big Ten" Nebraska was listed. And then the release specifying she can go anywhere she's *not* interested in...quite ridiculous. 

Did you watch the video ? In it she said that she just listed schools not that she was interested in any of them and then they say that she can't go to any of them. That is absurd what a bunch of %$#&^%* MORONS.

This has the fanbase fired up. They hate to see their school getting drug through the trenches over something petty like this. I have heard from some down south of the border that big donors are threatening to withhold donations if they don't get this thing straightened out and soon.

Did you watch the video ? In it she said that she just listed schools not that she was interested in any of them and then they say that she can't go to any of them. That is absurd what a bunch of %$#&^%* MORONS.

Yes, sad situation and KSU is now the punchline. One of the lol comments from ESPN:

I guess the "K-State" on the uniform stands for Kafkaesque State.