Attn: Iron N and Red Zone Members

I wonder how someone in a wheel chair feels when they see a giant banner that says Nobody Sits Today!!!

I'm not in a wheelchair so I can't speak for those who are, but my general impression of those who are is that they wouldn't be offended.  They realize you're not talking about them.  Most people don't have as thin of skin as the PC crowd expects them to have.  And those who are mobility-impaired realize that the sign would lose a good deal of its impact if it had to read "Nobody who is physically able to stand Sits Today!!!"

By the way, I'm not planning on standing the whole game.  I applaud the students, most of whom are half my size and less than half my age, for standing the whole time.  But, geez, I'm going to cheer loud from my seat until the action gets intense, and call it good.  I won't leave early; I won't complain if others in front of me want to stand; and that's going to have to be good enough.

I wonder how someone in a wheel chair feels when they see a giant banner that says Nobody Sits Today!!!

I'm not in a wheelchair so I can't speak for those who are, but my general impression of those who are is that they wouldn't be offended.  They realize you're not talking about them.  Most people don't have as thin of skin as the PC crowd expects them to have.  And those who are mobility-impaired realize that the sign would lose a good deal of its impact if it had to read "Nobody who is physically able to stand Sits Today!!!"

This is good Norm.   I really like all of this "no sit Sunday" stuff.  But there are reasonableness things that I hope people understand.  My 84 year old mother is going to be at the game and she can't stand up for the whole game.  She sits in row one - so no worries that anyone will be standing in front of her (except courtside seats which I will address).  I assume no one is going to criticize 80 year old people for sitting down and watching as long as they are not telling others to sit down.

I will say that if anyone has courtside seats they need to ignore this "mandate".   One of the earlier games there were a couple people standing in those seats and because of the proximity of the seats to the court they really block the view for everyone in the first few rows - even if those people are standing up.

So elderly, disabled and courtside ticket holders all need to be "exempted" from the "no sit" rule.

As long as you don't attack others who want to I think we are good....I see everyone standing except the club level peeps

Hey, I'm a "club level peep" and I'll be standing a lot and shouting even more. Pretty sure Pimp Mario is in my section and he will be up!

Fuck, banners are a tad pricey. I'll ask around down there and see if any bar/building would let me hang something.

Paper banners work too! :)

Back in my day, we'd be making banners out of women's under drawers that we had engaged in coitus with the night prior.

Fuck, banners are a tad pricey. I'll ask around down there and see if any bar/building would let me hang something.

Go to a grocery store and get 15 or 20 feet of butcher paper...they will probably give it to you if you are nice...or if you promise to stick their emblem on the thing!