Attn: Iron N and Red Zone Members

I wonder how someone in a wheel chair feels when they see a giant banner that says Nobody Sits Today!!!

I'm not in a wheelchair so I can't speak for those who are, but my general impression of those who are is that they wouldn't be offended. They realize you're not talking about them. Most people don't have as thin of skin as the PC crowd expects them to have. And those who are mobility-impaired realize that the sign would lose a good deal of its impact if it had to read "Nobody who is physically able to stand Sits Today!!!"

This is good Norm. I really like all of this "no sit Sunday" stuff. But there are reasonableness things that I hope people understand. My 84 year old mother is going to be at the game and she can't stand up for the whole game. She sits in row one - so no worries that anyone will be standing in front of her (except courtside seats which I will address). I assume no one is going to criticize 80 year old people for sitting down and watching as long as they are not telling others to sit down.

I will say that if anyone has courtside seats they need to ignore this "mandate". One of the earlier games there were a couple people standing in those seats and because of the proximity of the seats to the court they really block the view for everyone in the first few rows - even if those people are standing up.

So elderly, disabled and courtside ticket holders all need to be "exempted" from the "no sit" rule.

13 posts into a topic about putting banners up outside of and to the entrance of the arena and we have three "exemptions" to the content of those posters. Make me think two things: 1) no wonder our government has become so bogged down, they've had 238 years of this kind of shit, and 2) those banners are gonna have to be the size of that dumb ice rink to get all the rules and regulations on them.

A little common sense by both the standers and sitters would go a long way.

Fuck, banners are a tad pricey. I'll ask around down there and see if any bar/building would let me hang something.

Go to a grocery store and get 15 or 20 feet of butcher paper...they will probably give it to you if you are nice...or if you promise to stick their emblem on the thing!

But make sure you stay away from the Creighton section at Super Saver ;)

• 11 months later...

Maryland does that about once a year and its always pretty impressive. In 2013 they pretty much dropped the mic against every student section...

Yep.  This alone justifies adding Maryland to the B1G, IMO.

Also, note famed alum Scott Van Pelt makes a cameo in this one.  Major props to the Maryland student section.

Heh, going back through this thread now and seeing some of the comments about who might or might not be willing or able to stand the whole game...and knowing how it all turned out, well, if anyone questions Nebraska fans' ability to create an elite hoops environment...I guess those questions can be laid to rest a bit eh?

Catching up on old threads this morning. I just don't know about the "no sit" thing. The last time our crowd was really pumped up was the Iowa game and we all know how that started out. The Maryland students were impressively enthusiastic, but their team is in SECOND PLACE in the league. I'm inclined to think a concerted effort to make everyone stand may degenerate into bickering between segments of the home crowd. And speaking of Maryland, I wonder if Turgeon will watch the Pius game. I know his father lives in Lincoln and he is related to Maddie Simon in some way.

Catching up on old threads this morning. I just don't know about the "no sit" thing. The last time our crowd was really pumped up was the Iowa game and we all know how that started out. The Maryland students were impressively enthusiastic, but their team is in SECOND PLACE in the league. I'm inclined to think a concerted effort to make everyone stand may degenerate into bickering between segments of the home crowd. And speaking of Maryland, I wonder if Turgeon will watch the Pius game. I know his father lives in Lincoln and he is related to Maddie Simon in some way.

Bob Turgeon is a great guy, and he puts a damn nice shine on a pair of Footjoys!

Thank you Judge Smails. Not having played golf for a decade, I was unaware there was such an entity as a "footjoy". I was so serious when I played that I always wore a pair of old dress shoes so that I would not take advantage of others. (Actually, I am rather cheap)