Brewsky's in Lincoln . . . Creighton Bar?

I go along with half of what you say.  The other half I reject entirely.

I don't expect my grocery store to be Creighton free.  I shop at Scheels and they sell Creighton stuff.  And, yeah, that would be silly to demand my grocery store (or sporting goods store) not sell any merchandise from the rival school.

But it's stupid to be a bar/restaurant owner in Lincoln and/or Omaha and go all in with one program to the exclusion of another.  Especially when you're going all-in with the school that has fewer fans.  And I mean it's not even close.

Have a Creighton flag for all I care.  Air the Creighton games for all I care.  But you damn well better pay some homage to the state school that has a 95,000 seat football stadium just a few blocks away.

Being THE "Creighton place" in an area without a lot of Creighton fans is kinda business suicide, don't you think?

I generally agree, Norm.  If there is some establishment that is exclusively Creighton, I wouldn't go either.  Not because I'm offended.  I'm just not interested.

I highly doubt I could walk into Brewsky's (in Haymarket for instance) and find the place dressed up in blue from head to toe.  I went on their website about an hour ago and see pictures of people in red.  Doesn't look like a Creighton-only establishment to me.  Personally, I'm going to treat this whole discussion like it's an overblown rumor.  Maybe I'll walk into the Haymarket place on Sunday to see if it matches what allegedly is happening at 16/South.

I think the key thing is let's not get caught up in who they support but what they produce.

That is .....

Terrible service, terrible food and under staffed establishments. That will be what hurts them.

Well, then, they're perfect to be the go-to Creighton bar.

What are we complaining about?

(And for the record, I haven't been impressed lately.  Why do I still go there?  Habit?  The habit is broken.)

I don't think I've ever been there, but I assume they also have Big Red theme?  If I were a business owner in Lincoln or Omaha, I wouldn't try to play one side to the exclusion of another.  That's silly.

What about grocery stores?  Do you people make sure your produce department is Creighton-free?

It's a free country, though, I get it.  As for me, I just can't see getting hung up on purging everyone out of my life that caters to the fans of another team.

I would hope my produce is Creighton free... because the look of Creighton produce is pretty alarming. 

il_570xN.183064293.jpg

I'm just joking...i get your point

I know many of the managers and higher ups at Brewskys.  Next time I see them I will bring this up and see what they say.  I do know that most of the managers would be on the Nebraska side not Creighton if they had to draw a line.

Brewskys also used to be located in Lincoln, but recently moved corporate to Omaha.  They did this because the majority of their owners/management lived closer to Omaha vs Lincoln and one of their locations has a ton of extra space so they didn't need a separate corporate office.  They have 4 Lincoln locations/2 Omaha locations.

I go to Brewsky's after most games and also before a few of the games.  I only have one question, I have never, ever witnessed anything Creighton there???

I hate to be "that guy," but that's not a question.  It's a statement followed by three question marks.  Feel free to respond by calling me a grammar whore, it's warranted.  ^_^