Brewsky's in Lincoln . . . Creighton Bar?

I have been a member of this sight for quite awhile.  Outside of doing the score prediction contest and ordering my Tim Miles shirt, I do not post on here.  However, I need your help.

Two weeks ago I went to the Brewsky's on Cornhusker and saw that they had a Creighton flag.  I made the decision to no longer give them my business.  Today I went to the Brewsky's on 16th and South streets.  Another Creighton flag.  I asked to speak to the manager.  He informed me that corporate came in and made them put it up because they are now a "Creighton bar" and they have to show all Creighton games.  On top of that, I asked here where his Husker stuff was? He looked around, pointed at me and said "You're wearing it."  I am officially boycotting all Brewsky's and I would hope I could get any other Nebrasketball fans out there to join me in this boycott.

I don't think I've ever been there, but I assume they also have Big Red theme?  If I were a business owner in Lincoln or Omaha, I wouldn't try to play one side to the exclusion of another.  That's silly.

What about grocery stores?  Do you people make sure your produce department is Creighton-free?

It's a free country, though, I get it.  As for me, I just can't see getting hung up on purging everyone out of my life that caters to the fans of another team.

As stated its and omaha bar/chain.  Am surprised it would take a hard line in Lincoln especially in a place that does ok business because of its haymarket / PBA location

When Im in town I don't go their but my father in-law always suggests it.  Now I have a reason to say no.  Win Win

I don't think I've ever been there, but I assume they also have Big Red theme?  If I were a business owner in Lincoln or Omaha, I wouldn't try to play one side to the exclusion of another.  That's silly.

What about grocery stores?  Do you people make sure your produce department is Creighton-free?

It's a free country, though, I get it.  As for me, I just can't see getting hung up on purging everyone out of my life that caters to the fans of another team.

It sounds like it's exclusively Creighton, from what the OP stated

Oooooh.  That's bad for them.  They're really going to feel it in their bottom line when I stop showing up.  I needed an excuse to lose some weight.  Now, bazinga, I've got it.

Brewsky's, you screwed the pooch on this one.

Sincerely, your former customer,

Norm

P.S.  I honestly wouldn't mind a Creighton flag as long as they had Husker paraphernalia as well.  I don't expect them to entirely reject and ignore one entire fanbase.  But that's apparently what they've done.

Oooooh.  That's bad for them.  They're really going to feel it in their bottom line when I stop showing up.  I needed an excuse to lose some weight.  Now, bazinga, I've got it.

Brewsky's, you screwed the pooch on this one.

Sincerely, your former customer,

Norm

P.S.  I honestly wouldn't mind a Creighton flag as long as they had Husker paraphernalia as well.  I don't expect them to entirely reject and ignore one entire fanbase.  But that's apparently what they've done.

I don't think Creighton has much of a fanbase west of Gretna.

I go along with half of what you say.  The other half I reject entirely.

I don't expect my grocery store to be Creighton free.  I shop at Scheels and they sell Creighton stuff.  And, yeah, that would be silly to demand my grocery store (or sporting goods store) not sell any merchandise from the rival school.

But it's stupid to be a bar/restaurant owner in Lincoln and/or Omaha and go all in with one program to the exclusion of another.  Especially when you're going all-in with the school that has fewer fans.  And I mean it's not even close.

Have a Creighton flag for all I care.  Air the Creighton games for all I care.  But you damn well better pay some homage to the state school that has a 95,000 seat football stadium just a few blocks away.

Being THE "Creighton place" in an area without a lot of Creighton fans is kinda business suicide, don't you think?

I go along with half of what you say.  The other half I reject entirely.

I don't expect my grocery store to be Creighton free.  I shop at Scheels and they sell Creighton stuff.  And, yeah, that would be silly to demand my grocery store (or sporting goods store) not sell any merchandise from the rival school.

But it's stupid to be a bar/restaurant owner in Lincoln and/or Omaha and go all in with one program to the exclusion of another.  Especially when you're going all-in with the school that has fewer fans.  And I mean it's not even close.

Have a Creighton flag for all I care.  Air the Creighton games for all I care.  But you damn well better pay some homage to the state school that has a 95,000 seat football stadium just a few blocks away.

Being THE "Creighton place" in an area without a lot of Creighton fans is kinda business suicide, don't you think?

Okay I agree with Norm on this. However there will be no IOWA stuff! Is everybody okay with that?

I talked to the manager of the Haymarket location and he informed me that he has a Creighton flag in his drawer that he's supposed to put up but isn't in a hurry to put it up until he gets in trouble.  He also says that they do have husker posters on the wall.  Can anyone confirm this?  Maybe it is just the 16th and South and Cornhusker locations that have very little to no Husker items on the wall.

The best part about America:

1) Brewsky's can choose to have a Creighton-exclusive bar.

2) People can choose not to patronage Brewsky's.

Second best part about America:

1) Brewsky's has a product/service they are able to provide to the consumers.

2) People influence the demand of that product/service and Brewsky's decisions are influenced by that.