Jackson Davis

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jackson-Davis-129935

We could use an "outstanding" rebounder since we're 9th in the B1G in rebounds per game and 249th in the nation

This really isn't a tale telling stat. Important? Yes. But at the end of the day, we're leading the conference in Defensive Rebounding % and we're not giving up easy transition buckets.

Yeah, that happens when you're holding your last 10 or so opponents to about 37% shooting from the field.

To be clear what that stat means, we are rebounding a higher percentage of our opponents MISSES than any team in the conference.

Right, best defensive rebounding team since conference play. But it's still a massive improvement from where they were coming into conference play.  If we've moved up to 9th overall, that's a pretty significant bump considering we were in dead last when non-conference play ended.

No, Swan, I'm talking about how you get excited about a new name that comes on our radar screen and you amp up some level of hope and interest and start looking at his stats and then ... nuttin.

I know it might be a bit premature, but I'm getting a bit antsy for the next commit.

I like the idea of pinning the official visitor threads to the top. That might help a bit.

Problem is, a lot of times we discuss a recruit that we think we have a good shot at for months and then one day it is announced suddenly that they are visiting.

I agree.  Like I said, I'm just getting antsy for that next commit.

OK Norm, I feel like I am psychoanalyzing you a bit today...

But you are living in a Kamdy world where we are all 21 and "this board (is) like you're at a bar when you were in college.  You talked to a bunch of girls (each recruit posted) but by the end of the night there was only one, maybe two if you were lucky, that you ended up with....(Well)  This is just our version of the bar.  We can get excited, upset, frustrated etc about each one just like we all did when we were young with the ladies."

The difference is in your wonderful wishful world you would have, let's say 3 "new commits" in a week...and (if you were fortunate) one or more of them may have given you a special release 3 or more times in an evening...(and perhaps she returned for repeat performances thereafter)

Unfortunately, this recruiting world gives us about 3 releases a year (no repeats)....not as bad as a Black Widow Spider...but it takes some discipline and getting used to...and Miles to go before I sleep!

Tell me who are the guys coming in for visits and let's leave a board for that. 

Well, you could have Dimes pin all the official visitors at the top..then you could just pay attention to those that are pinned and ignore the rest.

Yeah, like that's how you got over 11k posts...by only paying attention to the really vital stuff! ;)

Zero point zero chance I would care enough to do anything but pin guys that have committed.

There is a recruiting database on here and ajb5856 has done a pretty good job updating that during the offseason and moderating the recruiting section.  If someone else might be interested in contributing to this as well, hit me up via PM.

I want to land top 100 kids...

and so does everyone in the country.  Nebraska has NEVER been a winner in hoops and is one of two "BCS" schools to never win a NCAA game.  It will take some time but the trend is there but Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will this downtrodden program.  Its tough to polish a turd but Miles is working some magic.

Sorry, but using "NEVER" is not true. Not winning a tourney game doesn't mean NU has never had a winner.  The early 90's was very good basketball under NEEbrasketball (unfortunately the momentum wasn't maintained).

I want to land top 100 kids...

and so does everyone in the country. Nebraska has NEVER been a winner in hoops and is one of two "BCS" schools to never win a NCAA game. It will take some time but the trend is there but Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will this downtrodden program. Its tough to polish a turd but Miles is working some magic.

Sorry, but using "NEVER" is not true. Not winning a tourney game doesn't mean NU has never had a winner. The early 90's was very good basketball under NEEbrasketball (unfortunately the momentum wasn't maintained).

Well that's your opinion and it's totally fine. When I judge a sport I look at what it takes to win it all and work backwards. They say the only way to win is make the NCAA tournament. That's only happened 6 times in school history. That's just appearances. Then there's the never winning one of those games. Being one of two teams out of 83 to never win one from a BCS conference is flat out pathetic, and that's just BCS conferences and not the little schools that have a win. So what NU has a Second run tournament title and a Big 8 tournament title. Those are aberrations not the norm. NU basketball is almost equivalent as KU football and no one considers them a good program. Now that can change but until it does Nebraska will never be considered a winning program.

I disagree. 1, Morrow is a top 100 kid. Also, KU football doesn't have the equivalent facilities that Nebraska does. We should expect a top 100 kid every 2-3 years

Until he commits he's still just another target. Why are you comparing facilities of today when I'm comparing programs and their similar pasts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...