Standhardinger Sighting

HuskerBB

OK guys I feel like I need to do this. I was the one that came down from my seat during the Penn State game. I should not of done that and I realize what a stupid and unsportsmanlike move it was. Let me clear up a few things though. I never once yelled at the player. I yelled at the assistant coach. I never threatened or used vulgar language. If I had, I would be booted for life. I was talked to by the security guard right after the incident, basically with him telling me not to do it again. After the game I was confronted by a higher up event guy asking if I was the one that did it. I fessed up and apologized. He said they talked to the coach and the player to confirm what I had said. The coach and the player both defended me for my comments and basically saved me from getting the boot. I understand how bad it looked and the seriousness of what happened. I will be at the Wisconsin game cheering loudly as always but I will never leave my seat again. Please do not compare me to that kid last night. Right when I saw it I feared comparisons would be made on here and the football recruiting site I am a member of. Once again I completely understand how bad it looked and I am ashamed of it. I got caught up in the moment as I am one of the biggest Husker basketball fans you will ever find. Been going to games since the early nineties when my dad took me to get tickets at the Bob when the skers were practicing. Rich King was walking to the locker room and saw me. Lifted me up on his shoulders and talked to me for 5-10 minutes. I'll never forget that. Instantly a fan for life. I have gone to hundreds of games since. Including a trip to Vegas in the late nineties to watch us get beat by Arizona. I was in High School at the time so any of the usual fun Vegas activities were over my age grade. I saved up my money to go out there solely to watch the Skers play ball. It kills me to read these reactions to my stupid move and to think I made our fans or program look bad. I have sent a letter to the Athletic Department apologizing as well. I hope to put this behind me and move on to enjoy what is absolutely one of the most exciting times in Husker history. Thanks for reading everyone and I really appreciate you coming to my defense Norm. Have a good day and GO BIG RED!!!

First of all thank you for coming on here and getting all this straightened up, takes a lot to do that. Also,welcome hope you stick around, sounds like you have some things to add to this site.

Husker3434, I thank you most of all for your comments because I was beginning to worry, after all I've said about it, that people would begin to think I'm actually the guy who ran down there.

Now, everybody knows, they've seen us in the same thread together, I'm not the guy at the PSU game who made an arse of himself.  ;)

(At least not this time.)

OK guys I feel like I need to do this. I was the one that came down from my seat during the Penn State game. I should not of done that and I realize what a stupid and unsportsmanlike move it was. Let me clear up a few things though. I never once yelled at the player. I yelled at the assistant coach. I never threatened or used vulgar language. If I had, I would be booted for life. I was talked to by the security guard right after the incident, basically with him telling me not to do it again. After the game I was confronted by a higher up event guy asking if I was the one that did it. I fessed up and apologized. He said they talked to the coach and the player to confirm what I had said. The coach and the player both defended me for my comments and basically saved me from getting the boot. I understand how bad it looked and the seriousness of what happened. I will be at the Wisconsin game cheering loudly as always but I will never leave my seat again. Please do not compare me to that kid last night. Right when I saw it I feared comparisons would be made on here and the football recruiting site I am a member of. Once again I completely understand how bad it looked and I am ashamed of it. I got caught up in the moment as I am one of the biggest Husker basketball fans you will ever find. Been going to games since the early nineties when my dad took me to get tickets at the Bob when the skers were practicing. Rich King was walking to the locker room and saw me. Lifted me up on his shoulders and talked to me for 5-10 minutes. I'll never forget that. Instantly a fan for life. I have gone to hundreds of games since. Including a trip to Vegas in the late nineties to watch us get beat by Arizona. I was in High School at the time so any of the usual fun Vegas activities were over my age grade. I saved up my money to go out there solely to watch the Skers play ball. It kills me to read these reactions to my stupid move and to think I made our fans or program look bad. I have sent a letter to the Athletic Department apologizing as well. I hope to put this behind me and move on to enjoy what is absolutely one of the most exciting times in Husker history. Thanks for reading everyone and I really appreciate you coming to my defense Norm. Have a good day and GO BIG RED!!!

First of all thank you for coming on here and getting all this straightened up, takes a lot to do that. Also,welcome hope you stick around, sounds like you have some things to add to this site.

What silverback said.  It takes guts to admit something like that (even if it is an anonymous message board).  

I understand the heat of the moment.  Especially if it's alcohol induced (ask my couch...). 

The most important thing is that you acknowledged it and handled it like an adult.  I'm not sure if I made any comments, but I do know I was disappointed when I heard about it.  The fact that you contacted the administration and reached out to us is enough for me.

Husker3434 is a good egg.  He was in my wedding and a great friend. He is as hardcore a fan for anything Huskers related that I know.  I know its been eating at him and brought this site to his attention after the PSU games post about it and then today he talked to me again with the recent events at other venues.  Im glad he could join the community and let him tell his side. 

OK guys I feel like I need to do this.  I was the one that came down from my seat during the Penn State game.  I should not of done that and I realize what a stupid and unsportsmanlike move it was.  Let me clear up a few things though.  I never once yelled at the player.  I yelled at the assistant coach.  I never threatened or used vulgar language.  If I had, I would be booted for life.  I was talked to by the security guard right after the incident, basically with him telling me not to do it again.  After the game I was confronted by a higher up event guy asking if I was the one that did it.  I fessed up and apologized.  He said they talked to the coach and the player to confirm what I had said.  The coach and the player both defended me for my comments and basically saved me from getting the boot.  I understand how bad it looked and the seriousness of what happened.  I will be at the Wisconsin game cheering loudly as always but I will never leave my seat again.  Please do not compare me to that kid last night.  Right when I saw it I feared comparisons would be made on here and the football recruiting site I am a member of.  Once again I completely understand how bad it looked and I am ashamed of it.  I got caught up in the moment as I am one of the biggest Husker basketball fans you will ever find.  Been going to games since the early nineties when my dad took me to get tickets at the Bob when the skers were practicing.  Rich King was walking to the locker room and saw me.  Lifted me up on his shoulders and talked to me for 5-10 minutes.  I'll never forget that.  Instantly a fan for life.  I have gone to hundreds of games since.  Including a trip to Vegas in the late nineties to watch us get beat by Arizona.  I was in High School at the time so any of the usual fun Vegas activities were over my age grade.  I saved up my money to go out there solely to watch the Skers play ball.  It kills me to read these reactions to my stupid move and to think I made our fans or program look bad.  I have sent a letter to the Athletic Department apologizing as well.  I hope to put this behind me and move on to enjoy what is absolutely one of the most exciting times in Husker history.  Thanks for reading everyone and I really appreciate you coming to my defense Norm. Have a good day and GO BIG RED!!!

Thanks for the confession.  I take it you thought the coach was getting thrown out?  

If you are such a big fan you should consider staying, as far as I know this is the hangout spot for Husker Hoops.

I would be more willing to forgive you if you stop wearing those ugly red and black tide eye red zone shirts.  Man those shirts are UGLY.  Support the university and buy a couple of new basketball shirts!

Husker3434, I thank you most of all for your comments because I was beginning to worry, after all I've said about it, that people would begin to think I'm actually the guy who ran down there.

Now, everybody knows, they've seen us in the same thread together, I'm not the guy at the PSU game who made an arse of himself. ;)

(At least not this time.)

No one thinks you run, Norm.  :D

OK guys I feel like I need to do this.  I was the one that came down from my seat during the Penn State game.  I should not of done that and I realize what a stupid and unsportsmanlike move it was.  Let me clear up a few things though.  I never once yelled at the player.  I yelled at the assistant coach.  I never threatened or used vulgar language.  If I had, I would be booted for life.  I was talked to by the security guard right after the incident, basically with him telling me not to do it again.  After the game I was confronted by a higher up event guy asking if I was the one that did it.  I fessed up and apologized.  He said they talked to the coach and the player to confirm what I had said.  The coach and the player both defended me for my comments and basically saved me from getting the boot.  I understand how bad it looked and the seriousness of what happened.  I will be at the Wisconsin game cheering loudly as always but I will never leave my seat again.  Please do not compare me to that kid last night.  Right when I saw it I feared comparisons would be made on here and the football recruiting site I am a member of.  Once again I completely understand how bad it looked and I am ashamed of it.  I got caught up in the moment as I am one of the biggest Husker basketball fans you will ever find.  Been going to games since the early nineties when my dad took me to get tickets at the Bob when the skers were practicing.  Rich King was walking to the locker room and saw me.  Lifted me up on his shoulders and talked to me for 5-10 minutes.  I'll never forget that.  Instantly a fan for life.  I have gone to hundreds of games since.  Including a trip to Vegas in the late nineties to watch us get beat by Arizona.  I was in High School at the time so any of the usual fun Vegas activities were over my age grade.  I saved up my money to go out there solely to watch the Skers play ball.  It kills me to read these reactions to my stupid move and to think I made our fans or program look bad.  I have sent a letter to the Athletic Department apologizing as well.  I hope to put this behind me and move on to enjoy what is absolutely one of the most exciting times in Husker history.  Thanks for reading everyone and I really appreciate you coming to my defense Norm. Have a good day and GO BIG RED!!!

Thanks for "fessing up" in the PSUcks aftermath. In comparison, you're a choir boy next to the pinhead who wanted to be "infamous"! GBR

Just imagine this in any other setting (him approaching you while you're doing your job):

- He climbs on stage as a symphony is playing and tells the conductor what he's doing wrong.

- He dives into the swimming pool to tell Michael Phelps he's doing the breaststroke incorrectly.

- He storms into the backroom of a restaurant to tell the cook he did a poor job.

- He runs up to the podium during the presidential speech to tell him he disagrees with his viewpoints.

The list goes on and on...