Dear Bandwagoners...

Dear Bandwagoners,

We really appreciate you coming out this year to support the program. Your energy during home games has certainly created some excitement and has helped put Nebrasketball back on the map. I mean, people are starting to talk about us again. That's pretty cool, right? Even though you didn't know any players on our roster until this year, you have educated yourself pretty quickly. So now that you're up to speed you can see that we've got a pretty great thing going for our program.

That said, for all of you long-time, die-hard, and never-give-up fans out there, can you believe it? We are able to appreciate the little things during somber times, be part of the journey of something bigger than us, and appreciate winning when we're on the rise.

I am glad that you could be part of this experience and I look forward to sharing our love for Nebrasketball with you for years to come. I just wish you could fully appreciate this journey as much as many of us do right now.

Regards,

Husker Fever

P.S.

BiDXy1ACAAE9kic.png

(Source: @HuskerHC)

I have been waiting for this for so long. I always have told friends and family I would be much more excited for Nebraska Basketball to get back to the level we were at in the 90's more so than football. The fact that the time has finally come is making my work week drag on. I am so excited for the opportunity our team has in front of them. I don't care where we end up in the NCAA Tournament, I will be there. :)

Welcome to the problems of winners.

It's kind of like "first-world" basketball problems!

Just wait until season ticket prices go up

Yay one more year of student tickets just to find normal tickets will be way out of my price range!!!! fuck

Yay one more year of student tickets just to find normal tickets will be way out of my price range!!!! fuck

Never graduate. I took 12 hours the semester after I graduated because my college job was a good deal, there weren't teaching jobs in my area, and my future wife was still a student and a fan.

Lol...yeah my dad and I talked about this last week. He wrote a nice to the point letter to the AD about where they put us this year and about the stupid railing in the 200 section. He also mentioned he has been a donor since year one of the Bob. We are trying to move down into the 100s next year. The AD responded by thanking him for his support and after looking into things thinks we stand a good chance of moving to the 100 seats. Lol...can't wait to see what this move is going to cost.

We have had this topic going on this board off and on for a number of years now.  The bandwagon jumpers are necessary and predictable in this fine State.  There are many of us that will be in the stands cheering through thick and thin.  In basketball it has been a lot of years of thin.  But the bandwagon group...gotta love them...are great when we are winning, and choose to entertain themselves elsewhere when we are losing. 

Frankly, I am glad they are coming back...that means we are winning :) 

Dear Bandwagoners,

Leave your Eric Crouch jerseys at home.

Seriously though, this is going to be so fun. I can't believe after 16 years of watching us huff and puff only to slide down the hill almost every single season, we finally are in position to get over that proverbial hump.

Gone are the days (hopefully forever) of waking up to the Devaney with my four boys 5 minutes before tipoff and buying tickets at the booth for $25 total because there were still plenty of seats available.  Heck, half the time scalpers would just give their tickets for free.

I thought nothing of just loading up and driving from KC on game day, knowing full well I would be able to walk up and get tickets (often very good seats in the B section) without even blinking.

Glad I got my season tickets.  Wish I had decided to be nicer to myself and get ones in a better section.  Now I'm not sure I'll be able to upgrade anytime soon.

I will be fine with the bandwagoneers, if and I say this strongly if... They look around and learn what to do. Stand up when everybody else does. Don't tell me to sit please. Yell, then yell some more. No other Nebraska teams on your shirts/sweatshirts. Wear either red or just a Nebraska theme, or better yet try to get a basketball themed shirt. No more football jerseys and please no Blackshirt sweatshirts. Enjoy the ride and help the team on Sunday, win or lose.

I will be fine with the bandwagoneers, if and I say this strongly if... They look around and learn what to do. Stand up when everybody else does. Don't tell me to sit please. Yell, then yell some more. No other Nebraska teams on your shirts/sweatshirts. Wear either red or just a Nebraska theme, or better yet try to get a basketball themed shirt. No more football jerseys and please no Blackshirt sweatshirts. Enjoy the ride and help the team on Sunday, win or lose.

And for God's sake.....NO CREIGHTON SHIRTS will be allowed in the arena.