Nebraska Girls State Basketball starts today

huskerchode

Check out some of the Husker recruits - Kianna Ibis (Benson class A), Maddie Simon (Pius X class B), and Jess Shepard(Fremont class A).  Also might want to watch Chloe Akin-Otiko from Bellevue West.

http://nsaahome.org/textfile/bask/gbpair.pdf

Other teams of interest with D1 recruits who have committed elsewhere are Minden (class C1), Millard West (A), and Humphrey/Lindsey Holy Family (C2).

huskerchode, if you get to any of the games, give us an eye witness report on what you see on Bensen's Kianna Ibis and anyone else for that matter. I won't get to see too much these first two rounds in person and will be disappointed if I don't get to see Ibis play. I'm hoping they make the finals so I can see her in action myself.

huskerchode, if you get to any of the games, give us an eye witness report on what you see on Bensen's Kianna Ibis and anyone else for that matter. I won't get to see too much these first two rounds in person and will be disappointed if I don't get to see Ibis play. I'm hoping they make the finals so I can see her in action myself.

Watched Ibis today. She'd be a very nice fit in Nebraska's system. Probably not the shooter Cady is, but stronger around the hoop. 

Kind of sounded like Fremont needed some other players to step up sooner.  Made a run at the end after getting down by 15, but it wasn't enough.

The OKState recruit from Humphrey had one heck of a game.  I think I read she scored all but 2 field goals for her team.

I should also mention Kenzie Kulm from Platteview who scored 40 points to set a class C1 state tournament game scoring record in their win against a very good Fairbury team.  Today Platteview takes on Minden, which could be a very interesting game.