So Who Didn't Make It...

hhcdave

Unless they've undergone a name change, I haven't seen Curteous One, Hoops Panda (but I still read him every day), bball23, and ImmaSker.

UNL is registered but needs to post; great Husker fan that lad. And I'm still troubled by the absence of Auroran Husker since 2010. Prolific poster who just disappeared without a trace.

CurteousOne is here. I don't think I have posted anything yet. I was going to but had to wait for account to be approved. Watching a 2 and 4 year old has taken up a lot of my hoops time. I started missing quite a few games at the end of the DOC era last season. I did get to the Southern game last weekend. I was impressed with Parker and I think the future is bright. Ubel ,Talley, and Gallegos all look good too. The lack of depth is going kill us this year. I think there were only 2 pts from bench players against Southern. Shields will be able to give us a few pts but I can't see many more coming. It's hard to get excited for games where we get our tails handed to us. As many have said, it is more than likey going to be slim pickings on wins this year. It seems most of us are content with with that. It's hard to keep excited with such a poor product though. I'm looking forward to Webster and getting excited about hoops again.

Well, just because of Mose and a few others like him, I actually listened to Creighton on the radio last night and I actually rooted for them when they stormed back to take the lead in the 2nd half and ended up blowing the game open. Man, what a game off the bench Josh Jones had. Manigat has to be looking over his shoulder after the way his season has started.

By the way, it was while listening to Culhane interview Tom Shatel last night that I learned that the CU game was going on and switched the radio to it. Shatel is a reasonably bright guy, I think, and usually has something interesting to say. But last night, his issue with stuttering was particularly prominent and made the interview really hard to listen to. So, I flipped to 590 and listened to Scott Marr and Ross Ferrarrini do the play-by-play. Ross, of course, is the kid who walked on at both Creighton and Nebraska. I give him credit, though, because he did a credible job and he has a decent radio voice -- a whole lot better than the other guy.

The other draw was our former recruit Fahro Alihodzic was playing for UAB so I was kind of interested in seeing what kind of game he had.

The other draw was our former recruit Fahro Alihodzic was playing for UAB so I was kind of interested in seeing what kind of game he had.

I thought he looked pretty decent at times, and he clearly has a couple useful post moves. When he's not going up against strong defenders like Echenique, he will get his share of buckets. Definitely looked better than Keith Coleman did for Benford, Anwar and UNT. Overall, Fahro seemed like he would be helpful for the Huskers this year, but it's not as though Nebraska lost a great one.

Best wishes tonight. I’m looking forward to tuning into the Big 10 Network in less than 8 hours.

I thought he looked pretty decent at times, and he clearly has a couple useful post moves. When he's not going up against strong defenders like Echenique, he will get his share of buckets. Definitely looked better than Keith Coleman did for Benford, Anwar and UNT. Overall, Fahro seemed like he would be helpful for the Huskers this year, but it's not as though Nebraska lost a great one.

Best wishes tonight. I’m looking forward to tuning into the Big 10 Network in less than 8 hours.

I was thinking the same thing as you on Fahro, serviceable, but in the long run it was probably best for you guys to use the scholly elsewhere. Echenique was a man possessed last night so Fahro may be better than he showed. Much better than Coleman.

I was thinking the same thing as you on Fahro, serviceable, but in the long run it was probably best for you guys to use the scholly elsewhere. Echenique was a man possessed last night so Fahro may be better than he showed. Much better than Coleman.

I thought Fahro was pretty solid. He started out well, but ran out of gas about half way through the second half. He would have been a solid contributor.

What is his story? Did Doc cut him loose or did he opt out after Doc was terminated?