Creighton again does us no favors

No way does beating Nova make them a lock. they would be sitting at 18 wins with a loss outside the top 200. Thats like saying losing tomorrow and beating Wisconsin makes us a lock.

No, not really.  It's like saying if we beat Michigan and then won @ Wisconsin we'd be a lock.

Another brutal effort by Creighton against a decent but not great team.   Read that dumpster fire message board quick.  They are not too bright over there.  They just now realize Gibbs is not very good at anything but being an ahole?  Then they are the only ones that are allowed to shoot well?  And Hanson is supposed to play over Wragge all of a sudden, yet they love Wragge the lumberjack?  How in the hell is the coach supposed to know if Wragge is going to be able to knock shots down that night?  Amazing that they don't understand their potential flaws until they don't shoot well. 

I'm not seeing gtown as a tournament team. The win muddies the water I guess though. It will interesting to see how the selection committee views the new big east. they need a win vs. Nova to be even in conference and have some good wins and real bad losses. I don't see how this win makes them an equal or better candidate then nebrasketball. Creighton definitely has some stuff to figure out...which is amusing

I'm not seeing gtown as a tournament team. The win muddies the water I guess though. It will interesting to see how the selection committee views the new big east. they need a win vs. Nova to be even in conference and have some good wins and real bad losses. I don't see how this win makes them an equal or better candidate then nebrasketball. Creighton definitely has some stuff to figure out...which is amusing

G Town has 5 wins vs top 50 and NU has 3 wins?

Winning vs Creighton gives them the opportunity to be an at-large.  Winning at Villinova might do the trick.

They're not a whole lot different than us.  Neither of us can make it to the tournament by losing.

Another brutal effort by Creighton against a decent but not great team.   Read that dumpster fire message board quick.  They are not too bright over there.  They just now realize Gibbs is not very good at anything but being an ahole?  Then they are the only ones that are allowed to shoot well?  And Hanson is supposed to play over Wragge all of a sudden, yet they love Wragge the lumberjack?  How in the hell is the coach supposed to know if Wragge is going to be able to knock shots down that night?  Amazing that they don't understand their potential flaws until they don't shoot well. 

I'm not quite sure how many games next year I would put the over/under at before their fans start calling for Mcdermott's head.  Hell, if I was Mcdermott I would get out of town after this year as I think they are set up for a few down years coming up.  Losing the best player in college basketball is not easy...in addition to what they have left over on their roster it will be a tough pill for Jays fans to swallow next year after watching D Mcdermott work his magic the past few years.  Watching the game last night the Gtown coaches at half said it best...."They don't have the athletes to stay with us on the offensive end....either they don't want to play defense or they can't."  That will become even more apparent next year.  There were times last night where Gtown got in the lane and the Creighton defender didn't even move...Gtown just went right around him.  Even with their terrible defense...if they get a good draw in the tournament they can still make a run...but they could be looking at facing someone like Louisville second round now. 

We can play our way in without Creighton's help so I don't mind that they lost. Actually, as I inventory the deep inner workings of my psyche, I LIKE IT that they lost! It is almost on par with how much I like it whenever Texas loses at anything.

As I said last night...since Feb. 6:

Creighton is 5-3 (outscored opp by 31 pts) (and of their 5 wins, they trailed in the final minute in one and escaped another on a missed last second shot)

Nebraska is 6-1 (outscored opp by 50 pts)

We've had a soft schedule and they've had a brutal stretch? Not really...our average opponent RPI is 96, theirs is 84. Not much different.

I realize we probably won't make the tournament and they will. But it's fun watching their special season come crashing down.