Bad News/ vegas odds of us making trny

That is not a good sign at all obviously.  The one bright side is that these types of things are not quite as lazor like accurate, even though they are sort of using projected outcomes, which are based on projected lines.  Yes would seem to have a little bit of value.  But the odds are not good.  FYI, the more mainstream the wager, the more tight the line will be. 

yea it actually make sense if you think about it like this

we will probably b 6 pt underdogs at indiana

3 point underdogs against wisky

3-5 point favorites against whoever we play in first big ten game

8 point underdogs against whoever we play 2nd rnd ( should we win)

and we have to win atleast 2 and probably 3 of those 4

so thinkn abt it that way we still have a ton of work to do

yea it actually make sense if you think about it like this

we will probably b 6 pt underdogs at indiana

3 point underdogs against wisky

3-5 point favorites against whoever we play in first big ten game

8 point underdogs against whoever we play 2nd rnd ( should we win)

and we have to win atleast 2 and probably 3 of those 4

so thinkn abt it that way we still have a ton of work to do

You are right, there is a ton of work left to do.  We have to win 2 or 3 games away from home.  Something we could not do this year until recently.

Pretty sure Wisconsin will be rocking either way

if we get blown out at indiana it will kill the atmosphere....if we win at indiana tickets will be going for over $100 to wisky because it will basically be a 1 game playoff for the trny,  it will COMPLETELY change the atmosphere,  but yes it will be packed full and loud either way

Anyone else use the NCAA game sim? I have ran that game close to 70 times and Nebraska leads in winning outcomes but Indiana has more 20 point wins with an average score of Indiana 66.2 and Nebraska 66. Rpi forecast has them as almost a 6 point favorite. Seems a bit weird to me.

Pretty sure Wisconsin will be rocking either way

if we get blown out at indiana it will kill the atmosphere....if we win at indiana tickets will be going for over $100 to wisky because it will basically be a 1 game playoff for the trny, it will COMPLETELY change the atmosphere, but yes it will be packed full and loud either way

They are already well over $100, at least for the 100 sections.

Wisconsin is 5th in RPI right now.  If we beat them, I have to believe we will be in no matter what.

While I still think we could really use a road or neutral court win, Wiscy is looking like a playoff game for us now. Even if we beat Indiana--which  don't think we'll do--we'd still need to beat the ButtBadgers to get in. What I don't want is to have to win 2 or 3 tourney games. The odds plunge in that scenario.

Anyone else use the NCAA game sim? I have ran that game close to 70 times and Nebraska leads in winning outcomes but Indiana has more 20 point wins with an average score of Indiana 66.2 and Nebraska 66. Rpi forecast has them as almost a 6 point favorite. Seems a bit weird to me.

I would quit using whatever game sim you are referring to.  It is not even remotely accurate if those are what it is spitting out. 

if we beat indiana somehow, that atmosphere sunday will be unrealllllll, stoked just thinkn abt it

Shouldn't need a win at Indiana to have the crowd into it on Sunday. That's the problem with our fans over the last decade, one loss takes away all enthusiasm. But, with that said, we are going to win on Wednesday.

the crowd will be into it either way.....but having it become a one game playoff type situation which it would be guaranteed if we beat indy, it will make it that much better......my point was if that many fans are paying over 100 bux  a chair it will make the excitement even better because it means more die hards in the seats..........also there is no problem with our fans,  any fan base loses enthusiasm with losses, we soldout of season tickets preseaon with no expectations, we have great fans...if we get blown out or even lose to indy it will slightly hurt the buzz around town,  just like after the sparty win the buzz exploded, thats just how it works i hate to call a random poster names,

Edited by hhcdimes
then don't

I don't see this as bad news at all. +450 isn't THAT big of a long shot.

Plus, who cares what Vegas thinks. They go mainly by computer data. Of course we're going to be 'dogs because we're dogs in both games this week and there are other teams we are going up against.

I'm very positive right now and am convinced we win one game this week. If we do that, its 2 games max in the B1G and we're dancing.

my point was if that many fans are paying over 100 bux  a chair it will make the excitement even better because it means more die hards in the seats

Most "Die hards" already have tickets to the game.  It definitely does add more buzz though.

If we beat wisconsin we are in

ultimately that could happen,  but according to the experts if we lose to indy and beat wisky we are hanging on the bubble, probably real close to a 50/50 situation, definately could get in,  but ur crazy or lying if ur sayn u wouldnt be on the edge of ur seat during selection show with a indy loss and wisky win ,  whereas if we beat indy than the experts would probably all agree a wisky win clinches it

*Clicks on username* ... joined a week ago.

Yep, that explains it.

explains what tough guy?  i havent said anything unintelligent or in-acurate.....like i said in a previous post i have probably been to more road games than many people have home games.....u can call me a liar but the people who run this site know who i am as i used my real name unlike im sure some of you....not looking for controversy,  i bring a lot of knowledge and unbiased good points to the board, the fact i just joined last wk is rly irrelevant, "tough guy"

your telling me that if we beat wisky we are in regardless of indy, but yet many experts said even before the illinois game that we had to WIN OUT,  i think thats a stretch , and 3-1 (prior to iillinois game)  would work with 1 in big ten title....but to claim that 2-2 makes us a lock is pretty big homer comment, it just is,  i want us to make it as bad as the nxt guy,  but a few yrs ago a 10-6 colorado (in conference) got left out , and they had head to head wins over other bubble teams that made it,  there are a lot of factors, it seems any 10-8 big ten team should get in , but the experts who know all the formulas and stats and have all the info are making it out to be more unlikely we get in with 2 more wins,  than it is likely we get in with 1, if that makes sense....so please dont call me out for being a member a week when i know more than u abt the process , or i will bury you tough guy