What to do with the Husker Game Threads

cipsucks

Okay, I need everyone's help. What should we do with the Game Thread? Now that we have the gameday chat room, we don't need two forums to talk about the game. No need to divide the troops. So what should we do?

The way I see it, we have three choices:

1) Time for the game thread to go bye bye. It has ran its course. If you decide this is the route, I will not take it personally. It's been a lot of fun the last season and a half.

2) 49'r had a good suggestion turning the game thread into a pregame thread. Everyone can still post videos and have a good time getting fired up for the game.

3) Go with both forums. The drawback to the chat room is it's not video friendly and there isn't a thread to check when you want to see what the talk was during the game. People have commented how they liked to go back and read the posts of a game that they couldn't follow online (home games, working, etc). There are pros and cons both ways.

This isn't a big deal, but I'd like to get everyone's feedback before Thursday's game. Thanks in advance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi1r_DjDr9w

I vote #2.

I'm not a fan of the chat system on this host. It's limited and crude, and there are no archives. And that bell annoys me, even if you can turn it off. It's existence annoys me. It's difficult when you have three conversations at once to direct to whom you're speaking (you can go old school IRC there, though), but I guess I've gotten used to the quick "quote".

On the other hand, the need to constantly refresh the board thread to keep up is a sizeable technological drawback for a lot of people as well.

One other thing: it's the road games where the traffic is heavier anyway, and we haven't seen how this place will look during one yet. Home games were always a little slow.

All this reminds me why CN needs to cover hoops, because that technology is pretty outstanding for games.

Anyhoo, I like keeping both options open, and using the road games as a better barometer of what will eventually become the new tradition around here. It takes a while for these things to emerge. Cip, I say do a pre-game kick off thread--they'll be slow for awhile until things catch on, but I think it's worth sticking with for a month or so.

Here is the thoughts from the site

We could really use a mix until I can get this place more optimized.

As you might have noticed occasionally the site says "over the limit"

The Chat doesn't put a load on the site, but it's limited to 20.

The host basically offers a smaller and a larger package with a big swing in price and to a point were paying for two boards here.

Thus I'd say do both and if people think that there isn't enough dialog about the game to read about I can always pull the logs from chat and post them. I might just do that anyway.