I think that Ray breaks out tomorrow...

BigP50

Nothing really to back that up but I think it happens. All he really needs is two consecutive three's that he can knock down and I think he will be back on track. He only took one shot at Illinois (miss) and it's hard to get in a rhythm when your not constantly firing. 

I kept saying my slot was going to hit the other day, and I ran my 30 bucks down to zero.... On the other hand the lady that sat down after me stuck a 5 in and hit 50. I don't know if that's a sign that we should stick with Ray until the end, or if we will strike gold with someone else.

...or perhaps you should stop gambling  :D

I like Rey being a part of this team, and am happy that he can enjoy success in his senior season, but do we have any evidence that he is a "good" shooter. Or just a shooter who happens to get hot every 6 or 7 games. I mean, any average shooter can find his stroke every now and then. Rey has not been consistent enough for us (like an Ogelsby for Iowa) to call him a shooter who is the guy we go to for an outside shot.

The coaches have brought this up when pressed by the media this week.

If Ray is still slumping they're going to roll the dice with Hawkins and hopefully he's up to the task on the defensive end.

I don't agree with that. Hawkins is awful on defense. Not to pick on the kid for playing his heart out. At least Ray can play defense, and if Petteway, Shields, and Pitchford are in at the same time, we have enough scorers to get an off night from Ray.

If Ray is still slumping they're going to roll the dice with Hawkins and hopefully he's up to the task on the defensive end.

I don't agree with that. Hawkins is awful on defense. Not to pick on the kid for playing his heart out. At least Ray can play defense, and if Petteway, Shields, and Pitchford are in at the same time, we have enough scorers to get an off night from Ray.

at the same time...if rey isnt making shots, he is a mismatch on d against bigger defenders, espicially with benny in at the same time, and its gives one scorer on the court at times, and isnt a reliable ball handler, at least hawkins can hit shot, play average defense and can be a secondary ball handler

That's pretty much what I said.