Big ten tournament: Indianapolis thread

Not that it's a huge deal -yet, but with NU and OSU tied at 9-7 and noone else affecting the scenerio why is every ranking showing OSU as the 4 seed and NU as the 5 seed when we own the highest tiebreaker?

Everything I have seen has us at 4

3K29Xvfl.jpg

I'd almost rather play penn st or NW in round 1 to add another win to our total.

if we beat IU and Wisc, i think we get into the ncaa tourney regardless of what happens in the big10

No no no no no. That is a no win situation. A 3rd win over Northwestern or another win over Penn State aren't pushing us into the NCAA tournament if we aren't in yet, and a loss to one of those teams makes it very easy for the committee to keep us out.

And if we do finish 4th in the league, I have to think we would be in.

Not that it's a huge deal -yet, but with NU and OSU tied at 9-7 and noone else affecting the scenerio why is every ranking showing OSU as the 4 seed and NU as the 5 seed when we own the highest tiebreaker?

Everything I have seen has us at 43K29Xvfl.jpg

I'd almost rather play penn st or NW in round 1 to add another win to our total.

if we beat IU and Wisc, i think we get into the ncaa tourney regardless of what happens in the big10

I showed this to my dad and he mentioned that PERHAPS it would be better in the eyes of the committee if we achieve the 4th place finish and seed and first round bye. In my eyes it's a win-win though; a 4 or 5 seed both help us.

Just win the last two. Two tough ones, hopefully this shaky play as of late can wake us up. Seems we aren't the same as a week or two ago. Idk if we are just tired or what, but we need to come to play. Every big ten game is gonna be a slugfest, including the tourney.

"You can't smooth sail through the big ten!"

Nothing really earth shaking needs to happen for us to get the 4 seed (other than us beating Wisky/which would punch our NCAA dance card regardless)

going forward we would have to go 1-1.  (L Indiana/ W Wisky or vice versa)

Iowa go 1-2

(W Purdue, L Illinios, L MSU)

OSU needs to match us or do worse.

(W-Indiana, W Iowa, L MSU)

We need MSU to hold the 2 seed.

We win the tie breaker with OSU b/c we hold the better record against #2 MSU.

None of this is all that unlikely.

The key is Iowa.  They have to finish below us & MSU has to hold the #2 seed.  If Iowa or OSU beat MSU most of our tie breaker senarios go up in smoke.

Nebraska can still get the #2 seed...

If Msu loses out, Iowa loses one, Wisconsin, loses 1, and ohio state loses 1.....if Nebraska wins out.

Not impossible

Well, Nebraska winning out and Wisc losing 1 go hand in hand.

My scenario of Nebraska as the 2 seed needs Wisconsin losing 1 plus losing to us....

Basically to get Nebraska to a 2 seed, all home teams win out, except Nebraska beats Indiana, Iowa beats Michigan state, and Illinois or Purdue beats Iowa.