Wisconsin

PimpMario

I hope and it should be.... that the Vault will be rockin for Wisconsin. It should help us, and it should be fun

Also has anybody else noticed that we played well in MSU with a louder crowd, but haven't played well in playes that aren't all that noises? Could be wrong, guess NW wasn't great even thought Noah was there.;)

I actually like how we matchup with Wisconsin. Wisconsin is four marksmen, and Kaminsky, who can also shoot. But Kaminsky isn't overwhelming physically, he's not the type that'll kill you on the boards or with his back to the basket. Decker creates mismatch issues because he is basically a 6'8" guard, but we have an answer in Shields. Their three other guards go 6'1", 6'2", and 6'3" so we have length on them there. They won't wow you with athleticism, but they do with precision which is classic Bo Ryan basketball Lastly, they aren't that deep. Starters take up a huge chunk of their total minutes. Don't get me wrong, Wisconsin is an excellent team. But, IMO, we've seen a lot worse matchups.

Our biggest problem last night in my opinion was that Illinois made some shots.  Some of them were open some of them were guarded but when the other team makes some 3s it puts so much pressure on our offense to respond.

A team full of shooters scares the beJESUS outta me.

Completely agree here. We do have a tendency in thinking we have to match good shooting teams 3 for 3.

Our biggest problem last night in my opinion was that Illinois made some shots.  Some of them were open some of them were guarded but when the other team makes some 3s it puts so much pressure on our offense to respond.

Completely agree here. We do have a tendency in thinking we have to match good shooting teams 3 for 3.

Yeah, why is that?  Whenever we play Creighton it is like we get our feelings hurt that they can make 3s so we try to match them when all we really need to do is drive on them.

Illinois was a good shooting team last night, but really isn't  good shooting team. Wisconsin, on the other hand, is a good shooting team.  We will need to play very, very well to win that one.

I think NU can win the next two (if they have a well-rounded game by the usual suspects), which would set up a possible top 4 finish by defeating Wisconsin on "Senior Night" in primetime on Sunday night. I believe NU can win vs Wisconsin if the team plays a team-oriented game (and not the one-on-one type game the Huskers have been known to do on occasion).

When Wisconsin had their rough patch this year (granted, it wasn't long) they struggled keeping people out of the paint. Kaminsky is a big guy but they don't have many guys that will change a lot of shots at the rim. Walter hitting shots and drawing bigs away from the basket will be especially important because Petteway and Shields could get some opportunities in the paint. Here's hoping they can't hit outside shots. They seemed to be able to shoot lights out at the Bob. Beating Indiana at their place will be tough. Keep the magic going at Pinnacle and 10-8 seems awfully good. Way better than I expected.

• 5 years later...