Husker Bubble Talk with SI Seth Davis

Tlue

How many wins does Nebraska need to make the tourney and will they need B1G tourney help?

This is going to be one of the most interesting bubble cases of these final two weeks. I don't usually care too much one way or another which teams makes the tournament, but you'd have to be made of cardboard not to hope that the Huskers will get over the finish line. This is a program that has not been to the tournament since 1988 and has never won an NCAA tournament game. Not one!

Right now, Nebraska is two games over .500 in the Big Ten. That puts the Huskers in the conversation, but they still have work to do. The good news/bad news is they have a favorable schedule down the stretch: at Illinois, vs. Northwestern, at Indiana and vs. Wisconsin. If they go 2-2 with a win over Wisconsin, they will be in a very strong position. If they go 3-1, they will be looking pretty good. If they go 2-2 and lose to Wisconsin, then they need to avoid a bad loss in the Big Ten tournament and hope for a favorable bounce in the committee room.

How many wins does Nebraska need to make the tourney and will they need B1G tourney help?

This is going to be one of the most interesting bubble cases of these final two weeks. I don't usually care too much one way or another which teams makes the tournament, but you'd have to be made of cardboard not to hope that the Huskers will get over the finish line. This is a program that has not been to the tournament since 1988 and has never won an NCAA tournament game. Not one!

Right now, Nebraska is two games over .500 in the Big Ten. That puts the Huskers in the conversation, but they still have work to do. The good news/bad news is they have a favorable schedule down the stretch: at Illinois, vs. Northwestern, at Indiana and vs. Wisconsin. If they go 2-2 with a win over Wisconsin, they will be in a very strong position. If they go 3-1, they will be looking pretty good. If they go 2-2 and lose to Wisconsin, then they need to avoid a bad loss in the Big Ten tournament and hope for a favorable bounce in the committee room.

I would take this scnerio in a heartbeat....I hope he is right.