Shatel interviews Miles

cipsucks

My favorite lines from the article:

Danny Nee's advice, "...you can do it here, but you got to get players, got to get players, got to get players."

And his response to the Creighton question, "I don't think I lost any friends. I may have made some enemies, but I'm not sure those people were going to be my friends anyway. I believe in Nebraska. I'm a Nebraska basketball coach."

Coach Miles's belief in the program and not getting caught up in what people who don't matter (in this case Creighton fans) think are the keys to Nebrasketball being successful.

Great read--as are all Coach Miles intereviews. Loved this exchange:

"Q: How will you measure success this season? Record? Certain upset? Player development? A: For me, personally, it's going to be making sure our team is clearly better at the end of the year than we were at the beginning. Getting your ideals and principles in, and there's an investment from the players. Self-improvement in all areas and team above self. We're not going to get soft if things go well and we're not going to be overwhelmed if things go poorly. And, it's about team, not me."

Heck, his team is clearly better at the end of the first game than a the beginning!