uneblinstu's post game chatter: ed 6, vol 25 - Michigan St

hhcmatt

So how hard is it for the Huskers to beat a top ten team on the road?  That just improved our all time record to 5-84.  Other wins:

NU  54  #9 Missouri       52  12/28/1950  (Big Eight Holiday Tourney at KC)
NU  67  #1 Missouri       51   2/6/1982
NU  98  #3 Missouri       91   3/12/1994  (Big Eight Post Season Tourney at KC)
NU  74  #7 Iowa St         69   2/22/1997
NU  60  #9 Michigan St  51  2/16/2014

I'd have to say... my favorite part was when the Michigan State fans tried counting down and rushing us on offense and we drained three-pointers every single time!

Missed that for the most part but sure liked it when tv announcers mentioned that Michigan St. fans were heading for the aisles with 35 seconds left.

It's too bad the tourney teams aren't chosen by some of the Big 10 coaches. I feel like our respect within the conference is way higher than the respect outside of the Big Ten.

I remember when Northwestern was on the bubble and they didn't get the benefit of the doubt, in my opinion, because they have never made the tournament. I feel like some of the voters want proof that a team deserves to be in the tournament if they've had stagnant history in the tournament.