Bubble Watch

Shuttlesworth

Keeping this going. Also includes games of impact. Like before, CAPS indicate teams to root for.

6 PM

VILLANOVA at Providence FS1 (Villinova)

KENTUCKY at Ole Miss ESPN (Kentucky)

WAKE FOREST at Maryland ESPN3 (Maryland)

CLEMSON vs NC State ESPNU (Clemson)

GEORGE WASHINGTON at Richmond NBC Sports (GW)

8 PM

INDIANA vs Iowa ESPN (N/A)

BUTLER at St. John's FS1

COLORADO ST. vs Boise St. ESPN3

GEORGIA at Tennessee ESPNU

So far.. Good

Keeping this going. Also includes games of impact. Like before, CAPS indicate teams to root for.

6 PM

VILLANOVA at Providence FS1 (Villinova)

KENTUCKY at Ole Miss ESPN (Kentucky)

WAKE FOREST at Maryland ESPN3 (Maryland)

CLEMSON vs NC State ESPNU (Clemson)

GEORGE WASHINGTON at Richmond NBC Sports (GW)

8 PM

INDIANA vs Iowa ESPN (N/A)

BUTLER at St. John's FS1

COLORADO ST. vs Boise St. ESPN3

GEORGIA at Tennessee ESPNU

So far.. Good
Whiffed on the 8pm games

To get a first round bye we'd have to be the four seed, correct? I don't see how we get that high. We are looking at either the five or the six with Minnesota, no?

I don't want the first round bye.

I think it's sort of a win-win.  There is little chance we would get a 4 seed without winning out and if we win out, there is no way we aren't in the tourney.

To get a first round bye we'd have to be the four seed, correct? I don't see how we get that high. We are looking at either the five or the six with Minnesota, no?

I think it's sort of a win-win.  There is little chance we would get a 4 seed without winning out and if we win out, there is no way we aren't in the tourney.

Or to put it another way.  There's no way they're gonna shut out the 4th place team from the freakin' B1G from the dance.  I mean, has that EVER happened?

Also includes games of impact. CAPS indicate teams to root for.

Note: Get your sweater vests out and get used to rooting for Creighton. (I now hate myself) Lots of Bubble Teams left on their schedule.

Home Sweet Home: Of all the Bubble Teams playing on Wednesday, only one (St. Joseph's) plays on the road.

Current RPI: 53

6 PM

NORTHWESTERN at Ohio St. BTN

DEPAUL at Xavier CBS Sports Net

RHODE ISLAND vs St. Joseph's

7 PM

CREIGHTON (gulp) at Marquette FS1

HOUSTON at SMU

MISSISSIPPI ST at LSU ESPN3

VANDERBILT at Missouri ESPN3

8 PM

MIAMI vs Notre Dame ESPN3

LA SALLE at Dayton CBS Sports Net

SOUTH CAROLINA at Arkansas ESPN3

WASHINGTON at Oregon ESPN 2

ILLINOIS at Minnesota BTN

9:30 PM

UCLA at California PAC12

10:05 PM

NEW MEXICO at UNLV ESPN 2

I just can't do it, man.  Sorry.

I'm down with the rest though.

Or to put it another way.  There's no way they're gonna shut out the 4th place team from the freakin' B1G from the dance.  I mean, has that EVER happened?

No, probably not. But that's not to say it couldn't happen. It's not really that unlikely that we find ourselves in the #4 spot...unless you look at history. We're basically tied with OSU and one back of Wisconsin with a game to play vs. them in our building. 

OSU's schedule is pretty soft, too, so you'd think they've got the inside track to the 4 (not sure how the tiebreaker would work in that case) if we tie with them. Wisconsin is soft in the middle but is book ended with tough roadies at Iowa and us. I think it'll be those three fighting for position down the stretch for the 4-6 spots unless one, which most would suspect as most likely us, collapses.

Just win, and it'll take care of itself. I think, though, if NU can't get the bye, the 6 seed would be a pretty good spot to end up.

I am almost positive Iowa was snubbed out of a 4 recently...they lost their only game in the conference tourney....

Is there a way to keep an archived version of the bubble games somewhere? I wanted to check how the games turned out tonight but they have already been removed.

Here's a good link to see how bubble teams faired throughout the day. I'll pin the link to the OP, and delay when I update the next day. Thanks!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball