Bubble Watch

Shuttlesworth

Seton Hall winning makes it tougher on Providence and St. John's because beating them in the Big East tourney does nothing for them.

Or it gives them a more winnable second round game which puts them right in the title game for a win and you have an auto bid situation. I could see an argument both ways.

True. I guess it depends on how confident you are in either team's ability to beat Creighton/Xavier/Marquette, which I guess is within the realm of possibility.

Houston (157 RPI) knocks SMU out of the American Tournament.

SMU (23-9)
RPI: Was at 45 but will likely drop to 50s.

SOS: 109 (will drop)

Top 25: 1-4

Top 50: 4-5

Top 100: 4-6

101+: 19-3
R/N: 8-8

Nebraska (19-11)
RPI: 41

SOS: 27
Top 25: 3-6
Top 50: 3-7
Top 100: 8-8
101+: 11-3

R/N: 4-10

SMU has been an "In" team for a long time now. ESPN already has them as a lock no matter what happened in the American tournament. They were the second 10 seed on BracketMatrix this morning. I'm not seeing any reason they have a better resume than us, even if we lose tomorrow.

SMU has spent quite a few weeks in the top-25 this year.  Oh, and Larry Brown.

They'll get in no problem.

You're probably right, but if the committee is doing its job, they shouldn't get in so easily.

SMU has 3 bad losses - all worse than our worst loss. 19 of their 23 wins are against teams 100+ in the RPI. 11 of our 19 wins are like that.

Arguably makes Creighton's path to the BET championship more difficult...

Things really fell into place for them in that mediocre league that is for sure.  They should cruise to the title with the garbage they will be facing.  I cannot believe they honestly think it is a better league than the Big 10.  You talk about some horrific basketball evaluating. 

For what it's worth, Jerry Palm has us solidly in (and Iowa on the bubble).

I follow Palm closely.  Lunardi seems like he's always playing catch up-- he gets the picks right by Selection Sunday, but he is way too slow reacting to in-season trends.  Palm is good though.  So it makes me very happy that Jerry says we're in.