Bubble Watch

Shuttlesworth

All of those are 1 bid leagues.  The only team that MAY have an outside shot if they lose their conference tourney would be Green Bay.

As pointed out....Wichita State is the team from a "mid-major" we have to have win.  Because if they lose in the Valley tourney that steals one bid away from the bubble.

and Gonzaga right?  Hopefully they aren't as secure as I thought they were. 

If we beat Indiana and Wisconsin, it isn't going to matter what anyone else does as we'd be in.  We just have to take care of our own business and not rely on other teams to lose or win for us to get in. 

That's exactly what Coach Miles should be telling the team this week.  But none of the people posting in this forum suit up for the games, and there's no harm in fans looking ahead to the contingency plans.  That's kind of the whole point of internet message boards, right?  Idle speculation and rumors?

If we beat Indiana and Wisconsin, it isn't going to matter what anyone else does as we'd be in.  We just have to take care of our own business and not rely on other teams to lose or win for us to get in.

Well, sure, but it's unlikely we go 2-0 this week so for those of us who acknowledge that, these other games are worth following.

All of those are 1 bid leagues.  The only team that MAY have an outside shot if they lose their conference tourney would be Green Bay.

As pointed out....Wichita State is the team from a "mid-major" we have to have win.  Because if they lose in the Valley tourney that steals one bid away from the bubble.

and Gonzaga right?  Hopefully they aren't as secure as I thought they were. 

RoyalFan...correct.  Gonzaga and MAYBE BYU.  BYU is more than likely a long shot, but some consider them "in" or right on the bubble.  ESPN just had an article talking about how there just aren't many "mid majors" that can steal bids.  Most leagues are 1 bid leagues out side of Wichita State not winning and as you said Gonzaga.  Good point.

Well, sure, but it's unlikely we go 2-0 this week so for those of us who acknowledge that, these other games are worth following.

Not to be a negative nelly but its much more likely that we go 0-2. I think we go 1-1

Gonzaga and Stephen F. Austin have a shot at an at large.

I looked into the as well.  No quality wins, and not a "great RPI (69).  Now, I would like to see them win their tourney just so there is NO hope of another team getting in.  Maybe they do get a look if they slip up?  Highly unlikely, but crazier things have happened.

Gonzaga and Stephen F. Austin have a shot at an at large.

I'd have to disagree with you on SFA. They've beat 0 teams with an RPI under 100. They've only played 2. Imo, the only mid-majors with a shot at an at large are Wichita St and Gonaga.

I wouldn't personally give them an at-large but I have seen analysts say they would have a shot.