Make some NOISE!!!!!!!

Section_316

Got the opportunity to take in the KSU vs KU game on Monday. Couple things...

1. The crowd knew it was a big game and was up and standing for most of the game. The students were very active and loud. There was only a short period in the first half where it was a little quiet. The arena (if you can call it that) stood for most all of the second half.

2. The sound system was absolutely cranked. They also played music such as Enter Sandman, Jump Around, ect at the longer time outs and got the crowd absolutely pumped and involved.

3. The KSU players feeded off the energy, and the KU players fed off the lack of at times. We need to keep the energy up at ALL times.

4. The students were not very welcoming to KU fans or Players. Some of the stuff they did was terrible and I wouldn't want us to go that low, but make it a hostile environment.

Get your asses down to one of the many watering holes throughout the Haymarket area early and get generously lubed up before the game.

If you spot a student down there and they don't have TWO drinks in their hands, buy them as many as it takes to get them there!

GOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEEED!

HEudvLn.gif

I like this guy.

The students were not very welcoming to KU fans or Players. Some of the stuff they did was terrible and I wouldn't want us to go that low, but make it a hostile environment.

I guess you're unfamiliar with a lot of the Red Zone antics. This guy got the brunt of it when Nebraska was in the Big 12:

628x471.jpg

Oh Tyshawn's Mom. Thuggest person to ever enter the Bob.

Got the opportunity to take in the KSU vs KU game on Monday. Couple things...

1. The crowd knew it was a big game and was up and standing for most of the game. The students were very active and loud. There was only a short period in the first half where it was a little quiet. The arena (if you can call it that) stood for most all of the second half.

2. The sound system was absolutely cranked. They also played music such as Enter Sandman, Jump Around, ect at the longer time outs and got the crowd absolutely pumped and involved.

3. The KSU players feeded off the energy, and the KU players fed off the lack of at times. We need to keep the energy up at ALL times.

4. The students were not very welcoming to KU fans or Players. Some of the stuff they did was terrible and I wouldn't want us to go that low, but make it a hostile environment.

Kansas vs Kansas St is a huge longtime local rivalry.  I wouldn't expect anything less.

As far as "us to go that low", that seems like the Kansas St. fan base.

Get your asses down to one of the many watering holes throughout the Haymarket area early and get generously lubed up before the game.

If you spot a student down there and they don't have TWO drinks in their hands, buy them as many as it takes to get them there!

GOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEEED!

And, of course, drink responsibly.  Don't get behind the wheel if you've had too much to drink.

If you primed at all before the game, instead of leaving at the 5 minute mark of the second half to beat the crowd, give yourself an extra few minutes to sober up and stick around until the end of the game.

One more thing. One of the referees was John Higgins... Who used to and still does a few Nebraska High School games.

Higgins doesn't do high school games.

I must be mistaken him for another referee then? Maybe I'm thinking of that young gun who did a Nebraska game early in the year?

No, higgins is the guy with a dead rodent for a hair piece that he's streaked with highlights. (Read: He's an asshole.)

One more thing. One of the referees was John Higgins... Who used to and still does a few Nebraska High School games.

Higgins doesn't do high school games.

I must be mistaken him for another referee then? Maybe I'm thinking of that young gun who did a Nebraska game early in the year?

No, higgins is the guy with a dead rodent for a hair piece that he's streaked with highlights. (Read: He's an asshole.)

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

I think the problem with this game is our fan base doesn't see it as a big game, they see it as a game we should win.

Not so sure about that. Everyone I've talked to, and that includes casual fans, seems to realize the importance of this game. Not to mention, as a result of the last 15 years, I don't think there are many who just assume a Nebrasketball game is a win. If anything, most fans always fear that the shoe is going to drop.

GOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEEED!

And, of course, drink responsibly.  Don't get behind the wheel if you've had too much to drink.

If you primed at all before the game, instead of leaving at the 5 minute mark of the second half to beat the crowd, give yourself an extra few minutes to sober up and stick around until the end of the game.

I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with this effort.  It lacked the umph of a punchline I was striving for.  I think if I'd just left out the second sentence, it would have been a lot funnier.  So ...

And, of course, drink responsibly.  If you primed at all before the game, instead of leaving at the 5 minute mark of the second half to beat the crowd, give yourself an extra few minutes to sober up and stick around until the end of the game.

Better?

GOOOOO BIIIIIG REEEEEED!

HEudvLn.gif

I like this guy.

I hope you were able to take advantage tonight!  :)