So are we all good with Benny sticking around

Shuttlesworth

Biggs was better than Parker. That is why he was playing over Parker. But it doesn't matter. He isn't here anymore. So Parker is better now. And hopefully he can figure out a way to not be a complete non factor on offense so he can play some.

I don't think theres an argument as to which player was/is better. The argument is whether the team is better with or without Biggs. And it's way better without Biggs so there's not much to argue.

I would certainly argue it.  I would much rather still have Biggs as an option for Miles.  We are not better without him.  He could sit on the bench and not play, but his ability to score is something that is needed in some matchups.   Winning a couple games without him that we would have won with him also doesn't prove anything to me.  But I don't want to get in a big debate about something that doesn't matter.  But if Miles didn't think Biggs helped us then he wouldn't have played him.  I will trust Miles over you or I to make that determination.  And he certainly thought Biggs made us a better team. 

Biggs was better than Parker. That is why he was playing over Parker. But it doesn't matter. He isn't here anymore. So Parker is better now. And hopefully he can figure out a way to not be a complete non factor on offense so he can play some.

I don't think theres an argument as to which player was/is better. The argument is whether the team is better with or without Biggs. And it's way better without Biggs so there's not much to argue.

I would certainly argue it. I would much rather still have Biggs as an option for Miles. We are not better without him. He could sit on the bench and not play, but his ability to score is something that is needed in some matchups. Winning a couple games without him that we would have won with him also doesn't prove anything to me. But I don't want to get in a big debate about something that doesn't matter. But if Miles didn't think Biggs helped us then he wouldn't have played him. I will trust Miles over you or I to make that determination. And he certainly thought Biggs made us a better team.

Ok. But Miles made the determination to let him go based on what film showed in regards to how the team looked/fared while he was on the court versus when he was on the bench. I know Biggs had a lot else going on but this is what caused Miles to pull the plug. I would argue that you can't have a cancer like that sitting on the bench (as another option for Miles), and that's what he was, a cancer. Missing shootarounds, film sessions, late for stuff, drama outside of basketball, major attitude issues...a cancer. You don't keep a cancer around (even if he's just sitting the bench) just because he might be an offensive spark. That kind of crap ruins the team regardless of the player's ability.

The team is what the team is.

Effective coaching is using the strengths of the players on your roster to benefit the team.

When Biggs was on the team, miles tried yo use him as an fife dive threat....

He uses Parker as a spark plug...he plays the minutes he plays, and he if he can give the team a spark that is what is needed.

I would certainly argue it. I would much rather still have Biggs as an option for Miles. We are not better without him. He could sit on the bench and not play, but his ability to score is something that is needed in some matchups. Winning a couple games without him that we would have won with him also doesn't prove anything to me. But I don't want to get in a big debate about something that doesn't matter. But if Miles didn't think Biggs helped us then he wouldn't have played him. I will trust Miles over you or I to make that determination. And he certainly thought Biggs made us a better team.

Ok. But Miles made the determination to let him go based on what film showed in regards to how the team looked/fared while he was on the court versus when he was on the bench. I know Biggs had a lot else going on but this is what caused Miles to pull the plug. I would argue that you can't have a cancer like that sitting on the bench (as another option for Miles), and that's what he was, a cancer. Missing shootarounds, film sessions, late for stuff, drama outside of basketball, major attitude issues...a cancer. You don't keep a cancer around (even if he's just sitting the bench) just because he might be an offensive spark. That kind of crap ruins the team regardless of the player's ability.

I thought Biggs was released because of off the court issues and being late etc?  Where did you hear Biggs was released because Miles thought he was bad at basketball all of a sudden?

I thought Biggs was released because of off the court issues and being late etc? Where did you hear Biggs was released because Miles thought he was bad at basketball all of a sudden?

Ok come on now. Biggs had trouble making it to required events all season. He also had the off court stuff. It was an ongoing saga. Miles could've welcomed Biggs back once again after the Minnesota game, after the missed shootaround prior to that game. But it comes to a point after 5, 6, 8 missed requirements that enough is enough. No Miles didn't suddenly decide that Biggs was bad at basketball. But he did watch film and came to the conclusion that the plug should be pulled.

Biggs is gone.  History.  Support the players that are here, now, playing for NU.

I thought Biggs was released because of off the court issues and being late etc? Where did you hear Biggs was released because Miles thought he was bad at basketball all of a sudden?

Ok come on now. Biggs had trouble making it to required events all season. He also had the off court stuff. It was an ongoing saga. Miles could've welcomed Biggs back once again after the Minnesota game, after the missed shootaround prior to that game. But it comes to a point after 5, 6, 8 missed requirements that enough is enough. No Miles didn't suddenly decide that Biggs was bad at basketball. But he did watch film and came to the conclusion that the plug should be pulled.

this is kind of a dead horse subject.

Benny is actually a liability on defense. Just too small, no fault of his own, but not capable as a defender. Do you see another guy his size anywhere of significance in the conference?

Minnesota's Deandre Mathieu is doing pretty good in the conference.

Michigan St has a 5'10" PG coming in

Lou Rawls... It really isn't the size as much as it is what they bring to the table. I loved Charles Richardson, Benny isn't even on his level and he is probably 5'8 on a good day. While I agree we need role players, if I'm choosing between Lou Rawls and Benny, it's Lou.

I believe his first name is Lourawls and his last name is Nairn. But he goes by Tum-Tum. Tum- Tum Nairn.

Props to Benny tonight.  He made a difference.  We need this out of him.  Tough kid.  If we can squeeze out enough scoring, he can help.  It is a fine line.  I think Miles understands how to massage it.  Also props to Rivers.  I kind of like that point guardless lineup with Rivers in there with a big, Petteway, Shields and Rey.  The good thing is that people are starting to understand their roles with the more limited lineup combos.  Benny needs to work hard on shooting in the stretch run as he is going to need to be able to knock down a wide open uncontested trey.  I think he has it in him to do that. 

Benny is actually a liability on defense. Just too small, no fault of his own, but not capable as a defender. Do you see another guy his size anywhere of significance in the conference?

You know, I think I sat near this guy last night ;)  - whined while Parker was in the game and wasn't scoring, paid no attention to what he did on the defensive end, and then left with 5 min to go ... just as Parker's defense was completely taking Rice out of the game. 

You know, I think I sat near this guy last night ;)  - whined while Parker was in the game and wasn't scoring, paid no attention to what he did on the defensive end, and then left with 5 min to go ... just as Parker's defense was completely taking Rice out of the game.

Did he sit for most of the game and tell people to sit down? Because I believe Stiltz has said he does this at games. I could be wrong though.

Lou Rawls... It really isn't the size as much as it is what they bring to the table. I loved Charles Richardson, Benny isn't even on his level and he is probably 5'8 on a good day. While I agree we need role players, if I'm choosing between Lou Rawls and Benny, it's Lou.

Since Valentine day is tomorrow....

You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine :-)

220px-Lou_Rawls_1995.jpg