Here's a thought: Sergej Kurkowski; or "Does the tall kid redshirt?"

Norm Peterson

I'm with you Norm. I think that Kye is a better player than Serge right now and that is based off of what I have observed in practice. You can just see that Kye is more aggressive and has put in work in the weight room. By no means would Kye be a huge contributor but if you are looking for a more aggressive player around the hoops and one that is physically better then Kye would be the one.

But they can't redshirt Serge this year....no way would or could that happen. What will be sad is if Coach Miles feels he can't play him later in the year because he isn't ready. That would be a wasted year. I do like his jumpshot!

I totally understand the premise that SV would be well served by a redshirt because he is such a project. However, I think we need to see Kye for more than 3 minutes before we say he is ready for meaningful time. I think if Miles thought Kye was a legitimate option at all he would have gotten more than those 3 mop up minutes last night. That being said, Kye is a hard working guy who could earn more time as the season goes forward.

What if it ends up not being a throw away year? what if they find a way to get to the CBI or NIT? Considering all that's led up to this year and the expectations levied on this group, that would seem like anything but a throw away year. I'm not expectig that. I don't think anyone other than those suiting up are expecting anything like that, but it's also not impossible.

Yeah i do not think that it is a throw away year and that is why I say do not redshirt him unless he is not going to play. if he can provide the team with some minutes at the 5 and make an impact, then let him play.