Diamondhead Classic 2014

rwmctrofholz

GW 18, Ohio 13 <12:00 timeout

Typical neutral court tourney, no energy from the crowd, lots of ugly coaches shirts ;), both teams struggling from perimeter, but GW showing its muscle inside

Ohio just had kid roll an ankle, not sure if he'll come back - injuries are always unfortunate, but especially a few minutes into a 3-game-in-4-day tournament

GW 43, Ohio 34 at half

I think Ohio hit 4 3s against various GW zone defenses, and GW didn't play much zone overall - doubt we see any of it in half 2.  ;) Might have out-thunk themselves a bit there.

I was impressed with Savage for GW, he had the dunk mentioned earlier, and drove into the lane a bunch - the GW post player Larson (sp?) also looked really impressive. Both guys are in double figures already I think.

Yeah, there's been nothing new reported in the media this week on Moses' status, don't think they know for sure. I'd guess he'll have another x-ray after the team reunites after Hawaii & trainers/doctors will have a better idea then how the hand is healing. That type of injury is tricky; not something you can "test" at practice to see how it feels..

Colo 14 DeP 4 <1600 timeout

Demons look awful. Taking a lot of really bad shots and having all kinds of problems getting in the lane vs long arms of Colo, while the Buffs are getting pretty much whatever they want offensively so far. Colo is long and lean all over the floor, no real post player like GW had, but they have a lot of size.

Announcers mentioning NU off & on, but they all seem to be taking it for granted that we'll be playing Wichita tomorrow. Hope they're right  ;) but hope our players not taking Hawaii for granted.