Diamondhead Classic 2014

rwmctrofholz

• 2 months later...

Mon 12/22 (#84) Huskers vs (#205) Hawai'i, ESPNU @ 12:00 am cst (Monday Night @ Midnight, CST) :o

Set your DVR's!
;)

:ph34r:   It should be a good game; despite Hawai'i recently dismissing Head Coach Gib Arnold and Asst HC, Brandyn Akana. One of Hawai'i's key players, Isacc Fotu, from New Zealand also recently left the team to go pro. Fotu is a former teammate of Tai Webster, both playing for New Zealand's National Basketball Team, the 'Tall Blacks,' in the World Cup this past summer.

GBR!

DVRs are for wimps! :P Watch it live! This is exactly why they developed those No-Doz truckers' pills. A handful will do the trick.

And since Loyola-Wichita is a 10 pm Central start, I'd imagine there's no chance NU-Hawaii actually starts at midnight, right? Probably closer to 12:30 a.m.?

No chance. I don't understand why they would only schedule 2 hrs between games. They know they have to give a 30 minute warmup period too.

DVRs are for wimps! :P Watch it live! This is exactly why they developed those No-Doz truckers' pills. A handful will do the trick.

And since Loyola-Wichita is a 10 pm Central start, I'd imagine there's no chance NU-Hawaii actually starts at midnight, right? Probably closer to 12:30 a.m.?

No chance. I don't understand why they would only schedule 2 hrs between games. They know they have to give a 30 minute warmup period too.

Yeah, I supposed they schedule it that way so it looks good on the TV digital guide. It looks better to pretend it's actually going to start at midnight than to put a studio show in the 12:00-12:30 slot on the digital guide.

Anyway for those who choose to do the DVR thing, better make sure you add extra time.  ;) Nothing would tick me off more than to sleep through the live broadcast, wake up early the next day to watch it & miss the last few minutes because ESPN wants to pretend a game will start at midnight when it'll probably actually start at 12:30.

Hawaii is going to be a UNO-Incarnate Word type matchup....a fast team that is capable of putting up points quickly. The game will come down to whether or not the Huskers can impart their defensive will. Hawaii is so-so shooting outside so we should be able to get away with packing the paint.  This team hasn't lost a game this year where their Points/Possession was over 1.

Hawaii is going to be a UNO-Incarnate Word type matchup....a fast team that is capable of putting up points quickly. The game will come down to whether or not the Huskers can impart their defensive will. Hawaii is so-so shooting outside so we should be able to get away with packing the paint.  This team hasn't lost a game this year where their Points/Possession was over 1.

hawaii averages 9 steals a game. that's kind of scary given our recent turnover issues.

And if I remember correctly the offficating can be... Ah...uhmmm... Different? I think I will tweet Doc and see if can shead some light on that. ;)

Yeah Doc might have an opinion on that.  ;) I think Coach Miles mentioned on the radio last week that he made sure the officials would be assigned by someone other than U of H, and that he was told they would be Big XII officials ... then he said he wasn't sure that was such a good idea for NU either.  ;)