Runzas

Red Rum

I was there last night and there was a smattering of "Awww c'mon" when Miles signaled to Peltz not to try to score.

Listening to the post-game broadcast, Jeff Culhane gets his nose bent out of joint basically accusing the fans of actually booing over not getting a Runza. Whether it was "booo" or "awww c'mon," it was delivered in jest and I think Miles clearly took it that way when he was smiling about it and continuing to signal not to score.

No one -- I repeat NO ONE -- was seriously pissed off that we didn't try to score on that last possession in order to get Runzas. And the fact that Culhane jumped to that conclusion and jumped into "Mr. Superios, I'm going to lecture the fans" mode, was honestly a bit off-putting. Shut up, Jeff. You weren't there.

I booed at that time--loudly. We were all just having fun. Although I do love free Runzas, and as Norm says, we won't get many this year. In fact, I believe we will stay in the 30s a number of times. But, with the glass half full, we get $1.00 off of a combo meal of the tastiest fast food around no matter what happens.

I applaud Coach Miles for not making fans suffer through that horrible food that causes indigestion, the runs, and many other things...I guess it could have been worse and got Vals pizza instead, and Norm I agree with you on the Jeff comments.

Thank goodness most Nebraskans disagree with you, Coug. Runza Rocks.

As a fundraiser couldn't we have anyone who DOESN'T want to use their stubs for a Runza turn them in as they leave the Bob and let anyone who wants an EXTRA Runza donate like a buck a piece to get one? The athletic program would be awash in cash! :) Then, the Coach Miles would be yelling at guys to SCORE that extra basket. Speaking of fund raising, is Twitter a corporate sponsor, yet? Somebody get on that it they aren't.

We were cheering/booing in our section too. We always try to start a "We Want Runzas" chant when it comes down to crunch time. It's a fun little thing. I thought Coach Miles handled it pretty well. And while it might be one of the few times we can get free Runzas it doesn't really matter to me. I never cashed in on one anyway. I like Runzas and all but I'm trying to watch my waistline decrease, not increase.

I'll give their onion rings credit as some of the best, but the actuall runza, yuck....they did make a mexican runza awhile back that wasn't too shabby though

I see what you are doing there, trying to take some heat of Coach MIles by pretending not to like Runzas to draw the ire of the angry mob. :D