Red Zone Husker Power chant

Shuttlesworth

Can't we come up with something new or better than a Husker Power chant that has be done over and over for years. Would be nice to come up with some fresh ideas.

why fix a good thing? does Alabama fix Roll Tide? or does KU fix rock chalk..Husker Power, is a much a great tradition as the tunnel walk, GO BIG RED chants. Plus its simple, easy, and the it breaks even for crowd support people can pick up quick, and it isnt to much of a hassle.
Exactly. As part of the TUNNEL WALK!!! This isn't football!!!! We need our own thing, and husker power isn't the thing. The one thing that bugs me the most is when people try to overlap stuff we do for football into basketball stuff. Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

....we are a school that has a rich tradition in football...i guarantee you if you go to a Michigan (a successful school with Basketball/Football) they do real similar stuff to football. If you want a stadium chant as dimes said its needs to be 1)common knowledge 2) easy to chant in a repetitive nature 3)have some connection to school or else it is corny and will be forgotten 4) a chant that is clear and can be heard, i was at the game i couldn't even make out the chant they were using. Husker Power is recognizable and easy to hear.

Also, our basketball student section is called the Red Zone.  

A football coach got that arena built and Tim Miles coach.  Don't fight it.  Embrace it and succeed.

Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

I suppose it's about the overall goal.

The only point of saying/doing anything during the other team's introduction is to disrupt it.

The student section can do something off the wall and it will make a dent in the noise/process.

If you want the entire stadium to get into it, which would be the only way to drown out a soundsystem, it needs to be something they're used to cheering.

Especially since PA Announcer, Doc Winininger thinks he needs to be enthusiastic about visiting team introductions. Nice guy, but he needs to remember that it isn't the State Tournament.

Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

I suppose it's about the overall goal.

The only point of saying/doing anything during the other team's introduction is to disrupt it.

The student section can do something off the wall and it will make a dent in the noise/process.

If you want the entire stadium to get into it, which would be the only way to drown out a soundsystem, it needs to be something they're used to cheering.

Especially since PA Announcer, Doc Winininger thinks he needs to be enthusiastic about visiting team introductions. Nice guy, but he needs to remember that it isn't the State Tournament.

DOC called out my name incorrectly during my freshmen year at Peru State...during a game which i was not even playing due to have a broken ankle....Sean is pronounced how it sounds Doc the incorrect version he used was (seen)

Honest question, but is there anything you guys actually enjoy during a game?

My goodness...."how dare people leave early" "how dare the students tell someone they suck.." "the band plays terrible music" "the concession prices are too high..." "there's an 90 year old man in my section who doesn't stand up to clap for the fight song...." "Tim Miles won't favorite my tweets..." "Mike Peltz won't follow me on instagram..." "There's a red zone student who audibly said the f word during a time out! My ears!! WHAT WOULD TOM THINK?!"

It gets old, folks. As someone who spent his college career in the front row of the Red Zone, I can tell you the last thing we wondered about was what some message board dudes had to say about our enjoyment of a game.

Just enjoy the wins fellas (and ladies)!

Think it would be cool,if the could come up with a fake vault door that the team could come out of locker room to the floor through. And that was my son's idea.

I actually like that idea quite a bit.  Would be cool if they could change the music...er..noises the players walk out to so it would resemble a vault opening or something.  I keep looking for a dinosaur to come and instead it's just Terran Pettaway walking out.  lol

I personally love the husker power chant no matter what the sport.  And I do not understand the animosity or "little brother" feeling of some die hard Nebrasketball fans.  I love all Husker sports and feel that as long as a cheer is generic and does not use sport specific references, it works great in any setting.

The cheer is "HUSKER power" not "FOOTBALL power"  All University sports teams wear the Husker uniform!

I talked to a UNL student who is a red zoner who goes to both the women's as well the men's games I told him what you guys were trying to get the red zone to do with the Husker Power chant I asked him if he knew JAdler, He said that he did I told him to talk to JAdler and seeif they could get it going.