Red Zone Husker Power chant

Shuttlesworth

I was surprised how loud the pa is. I know they were trying, but there was no way they were going to be louder than the announcer. We need to get thenrestbofmthe crowd in on the "new" idea.

Thank you for the effort, it was very good try. Keep it up.

Also liked how some were trying to get the north end involved in the first half. See it can be fun to run around and jump and stand and throw your hands around.

Once people start to relax and enjoy adding to the atmosphere of the game, Tim won't be handing out any B- grades.

Keep it simple.  Start it early.

"Husker Power" or "Go Big Red" or anything short.

If you're not starting before they start playing the "Who are You" music, it's too late.

Agree on all of this. Husker Power would be the logical choice because the arena knows about it and has already participated in it. Start it immediately after the flag corps walks off after the National Anthem.

Can't we come up with something new or better than a Husker Power chant that has be done over and over for years.  Would be nice to come up with some fresh ideas.

why fix a good thing? does Alabama fix Roll Tide? or does KU fix rock chalk..Husker Power, is a much a great tradition as the tunnel walk, GO BIG RED chants. Plus its simple, easy, and the it breaks even for crowd support people can pick up quick, and it isnt to much of a hassle.

One thing I noticed watching Michigan State vs. Northwestern last night is that the Michigan State students are on their feet the whole game and whenever Northwestern was on offense, they were bouncing up and down like popcorn and making noise.  The whole time.  I don't care what you do for player intros if our students could coordinate something like that during the actual game.

Speaking of traditions, when I was a wee lad I remember enjoying watching the students throw shoes on the court when Jerry Shoecraft was introduced.  Is there anyone that has a name that could allow me to throw something?

Let me give you a hint

Brick-Tamland.jpg

It was Pitchford

Can't we come up with something new or better than a Husker Power chant that has be done over and over for years.  Would be nice to come up with some fresh ideas.

why fix a good thing? does Alabama fix Roll Tide? or does KU fix rock chalk..Husker Power, is a much a great tradition as the tunnel walk, GO BIG RED chants. Plus its simple, easy, and the it breaks even for crowd support people can pick up quick, and it isnt to much of a hassle.

Plus the "older" crowd will join in I would think.

Honest question, but is there anything you guys actually enjoy during a game?  

My goodness...."how dare people leave early"  "how dare the students tell someone they suck.."  "the band plays terrible music"  "the concession prices are too high..." "there's an 90 year old man in my section who doesn't stand up to clap for the fight song...." "Tim Miles won't favorite my tweets..." "Mike Peltz won't follow me on instagram..." "There's a red zone student who audibly said the f word during a time out! My ears!! WHAT WOULD TOM THINK?!"  

It gets old, folks. As someone who spent his college career in the front row of the Red Zone, I can tell you the last thing we wondered about was what some message board dudes had to say about our enjoyment of a game.  

Just enjoy the wins fellas (and ladies)!

Can't we come up with something new or better than a Husker Power chant that has be done over and over for years. Would be nice to come up with some fresh ideas.

Exactly. As part of the TUNNEL WALK!!! This isn't football!!!! We need our own thing, and husker power isn't the thing. The one thing that bugs me the most is when people try to overlap stuff we do for football into basketball stuff. Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

I suppose it's about the overall goal.

The only point of saying/doing anything during the other team's introduction is to disrupt it.

The student section can do something off the wall and it will make a dent in the noise/process.

If you want the entire stadium to get into it, which would be the only way to drown out a soundsystem, it needs to be something they're used to cheering.

My goodness...."how dare people leave early" "how dare the students tell someone they suck.." "the band plays terrible music" "the concession prices are too high..." "there's an 90 year old man in my section who doesn't stand up to clap for the fight song...." "Tim Miles won't favorite my tweets..." "Mike Peltz won't follow me on instagram..." "There's a red zone student who audibly said the f word during a time out! My ears!! WHAT WOULD TOM THINK?!"

It gets old, folks. As someone who spent his college career in the front row of the Red Zone, I can tell you the last thing we wondered about was what some message board dudes had to say about our enjoyment of a game.

Honest answer. Some of these things do piss me off. I find it very rude to leave the games, and I'm not talking about the few that leave once and a while, I'm talking those that leave every game at the same time. I hate that I can't stand when I want because somebody behind me is to lazy to stand with me. And I don't mean the whole game, just when the team needs it. Don't care about if somebody follows my tweets or Facebook. Okay off to try to come up with some more ideas to throw out to "help" make the PBA a better and more enjoyable time.

Think it would be cool,if the could come up with a fake vault door that the team could come out of locker room to the floor through. And that was my son's idea.

Can't we come up with something new or better than a Husker Power chant that has be done over and over for years. Would be nice to come up with some fresh ideas.

Exactly. As part of the TUNNEL WALK!!! This isn't football!!!! We need our own thing, and husker power isn't the thing. The one thing that bugs me the most is when people try to overlap stuff we do for football into basketball stuff. Sure, we can do husker power during some part of the game, but not the introduction.

....we are a school that has a rich tradition in football...i guarantee you if you go to a Michigan (a successful school with Basketball/Football) they do real similar stuff to football. If you want a stadium chant as dimes said its needs to be 1)common knowledge 2) easy to chant in a repetitive nature 3)have some connection to school or else it is corny and will be forgotten 4) a chant that is clear and can be heard, i was at the game i couldn't even make out the chant they were using. Husker Power is recognizable and easy to hear.

My goodness...."how dare people leave early"  "how dare the students tell someone they suck.."  "the band plays terrible music"  "the concession prices are too high..." "there's an 90 year old man in my section who doesn't stand up to clap for the fight song...." "Tim Miles won't favorite my tweets..." "Mike Peltz won't follow me on instagram..." "There's a red zone student who audibly said the f word during a time out! My ears!! WHAT WOULD TOM THINK?!"  

how dare people leave early"

• LOL every fan base in every sport complains when other fans leave early.  I don't care too much, but with the way PBA is set up it's awfully embarassing all of those people walk past the players

"how dare the students tell someone they suck.."

• It's a chant we used in high school, can't the students find something better?  Suck is an awfully vague diss.  I don't really care either way.  I never said it when I was in the red zone because I thought it was tacky. 

"the band plays terrible music"  "the concession prices are too high..." "there's an 90 year old man in my section who doesn't stand up to clap for the fight song...." "Tim Miles won't favorite my tweets..." "Mike Peltz won't follow me on instagram..."

• Can you argue those first two complaints?  As for the rest...grabbing for straws to prove a point?

"There's a red zone student who audibly said the f word during a time out! My ears!! WHAT WOULD TOM THINK?!"

• Show me the post with this complaint.

It's a message board, brah.  People will complain from time to time. 

FWIW I also spent my entire college career near the front row of the red zone screaming my head off. 

That is probably true but in my opinion, that is some of the problem with NU "traditions" is that they are geared towards the older crowd.

That is probably true but in my opinion, that is some of the problem with NU "traditions" is that they are geared towards the older crowd.

That's becuase there are more of them that come to games than the younger ones. That is kind of one of our "problems"

That's becuase there are more of them that come to games than the younger ones. That is kind of one of our "problems"

im  25, i was with my 36 year old brother, and my 16, 11 year old nephews...Husker Power chant comes on they know what to do...just saying its a staple, it makes sense, it spans across all sports not just football.