Deverell Biggs dismissed from the team

Deverell Biggs dismissed from the team

med_gallery_2_33_163732.jpg

Biggs will be working to finish up his degree in the hopes of transferring to a new school with one year of college eligibility left.

http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/140128733

By Lee Barfknecht / World-Herald Bureau

LINCOLN — It appears that Deverell Biggs' Nebraska basketball career is over after just 15 games in two years.
The junior guard out of Omaha Central was dismissed from the team Monday evening for repeated disciplinary woes, two sources with knowledge of the action told The World-Herald.

Looks like Trey Dickerson just became an even hotter commodity for Miles and staff.

Click here to view the article

Wish Dev luck and an epiphany about how best to navigate in the world. That's a young brother who needs better friends. Someone to whisper in his ear from time to time that he might want to consider that he's the problem.

While many of us never realize our potential--and this is common--it still sucks to see someone that physically gifted toss it all away.

To bad, so sad.  He had the opportunity to be the first of the new Nebraska pipeline.  He had loads of talent and he could have been a good one.  I am hoping that this ends up being a positive...but it certainly is tough to see the silver lining at this time. 

I do not want to pile on Deverell, as I am sure his world is in a whirl right now.  But many of us saw this issue early on...I appreciate  the fact that Coach Miles continued (through last nights post-game interview) to say that Deverell was a good kid.  Hopefully there remains a mutual respect.