PBA Concessions SUCK big time; start of second half implicaitons

PimpMario

Not hearing an announcement for any half time entertainment me and my wife decided that we would rush up to get food when halftime started.

After Shields basket we booked it and go to the concession stand and were 3rd in line.  It took them forever to help the people in front of us.  When they got to us it was like they had to make every item fresh for us.  TOOK forever.  What a shocker, we order a hot dog and a pretzel.

Long story short we go back to our seats with about 1:30 remaining before the start of the second half.  I can see why a lot of people aren't in their seats.  

We need to do something about the start of the second half and helping people get back to their seats could help.

Concessions were handled my more quickly at the Bob.

I had an issue yesterday that I really wasn't expecting. My dad wanted Vale. I thought the vendor in my area had it do I went over and got some nachos thinking I'd get the vals on the way back. Shock...no Vale so I had to go back around to another vendor. I don't mind all having special foods....but Vale and Runzas should be at ALL vendors.

I had an issue yesterday that I really wasn't expecting. My dad wanted Vale. I thought the vendor in my area had it do I went over and got some nachos thinking I'd get the vals on the way back. Shock...no Vale so I had to go back around to another vendor. I don't mind all having special foods....but Vale and Runzas should be at ALL vendors.

Agree with this during the FGCU game it took a while for us to find the vals

The concessions are over priced...

This is the primary beef with concessions at PBA. My typical routine at the Bob used to be two dogs and a large Pepsi before the start of the game. Now I don't even bother. The price for the same thing now at PBA is absolutely absurd, and there's no reason for me not to just stop at the drive thru somewhere after the game, or just eat something when I get home. I won't even consider going to the consessions unless prices go down at some point.

The concessions are over priced...

This is the primary beef with concessions at PBA. My typical routine at the Bob used to be two dogs and a large Pepsi before the start of the game. Now I don't even bother. The price for the same thing now at PBA is absolutely absurd, and there's no reason for me not to just stop at the drive thru somewhere after the game, or just eat something when I get home. I won't even consider going to the consessions unless prices go down at some point.

With more solid play at home, we might be seeing more Runza's in our future.

Sorry but I feel the opposite ... Yes the concessions are fairly pricy. If you go for the basic arena dog it's cheaper than the old Wimmers dog at $2 however. Personally the burger and fries are solid IMHO ... The steak sandwich is especially good as are the chicken strips. The quality is better than most arenas I've been to and $8 for strips and fries doesn't seem too exorbitant to me. The amount of time it takes is a bit frustrating but kinda what you get for better quality. They do seem ill prepared for the halftime rush however.

I actually think the PBA does the Husker Trivia Q & A at halftime on the jumbo screen to drive people out of their seats and toward the concessions.  I'm always embarrassed for the team when that is still playing when our opponent comes out to start warming up for the second half.  It needs to go.  

I couldn't disagree more. Sure, sometimes the answers are a bit cheesy (remember these are 18-22 year olds), but I usually get a good chuckle out of their answers,

By the way, I'm still waiting for the release of Beneath the Surface with Mike Peltz. I want my copy autographed by the man himself.

I actually think the PBA does the Husker Trivia Q & A at halftime on the jumbo screen to drive people out of their seats and toward the concessions.  I'm always embarrassed for the team when that is still playing when our opponent comes out to start warming up for the second half.  It needs to go.  

I couldn't disagree more. Sure, sometimes the answers are a bit cheesy (remember these are 18-22 year olds), but I usually get a good chuckle out of their answers,

By the way, I'm still waiting for the release of Beneath the Surface with Mike Peltz. I want my copy autographed by the man himself.

Peltz is always entertaining, this wk it was a hobby of underwater basket-weaving & knitting.

Someone in our row actually thought he was being serious...  :blink:

Long story short we go back to our seats with about 1:30 remaining before the start of the second half.  I can see why a lot of people aren't in their seats.  

We don't usually eat at the game but it was a dinner time game for us.

We stayed for a while watching the Harriman video, brought a baby to be changed, and then I walked up and down to a couple places to find the one serving the food I wanted to try.  

I think we were back a couple of minutes before the second half started.

Results may vary.

The prices are what they are. 

You could make the argument that if they lowered the prices, the service would be worse. 

If we're to the point where some people are griping about the prices and others the service, seems like they have things about right.

The panini place is really good. Otherwise not sure if there's anything less important to me than concessions. There are 15 good places to eat within 5 blocks!

Where did they move that to, Tallbaby?  I saw it at the first couple of games and haven't been able to find it since.

Peltz is always entertaining, this wk it was a hobby of underwater basket-weaving & knitting.

Someone in our row actually thought he was being serious...  :blink:

That was actually Hawkins...also answers seem scripted sometimes. Either that or the kids attempt at being humerous.

I think the panini place is good too  (for arena food).  I got a roast beef sandwhich there.  It was $11, but decent.  It is on the north side.  My eyes were drawn to the big piece of meat.  I got the fancy nachos at a different stand one time too for $8 and thought they were good.  I usually bring a water bottle from home.  Overall I would have to say the options and quality are better than Devany center, but you certainly do pay more.  When the kids come, they only get popcorn or cookie though.  Generally, I try to avoid the food as it is over priced and not the healthiest.  I think there are plenty of options though for anyone who wants to eat arena food.

Part of the reason the service is so slow because most, if not all, are run by volunteers fundraising for their various organizations like a boy scout troop or Shriners etc. 

Put yourself in that stand for a minute as a volunteer and tell me you'd know where everything was, how the register works etc. within the first hour.

Not saying the slow speed is justified, but just providing some context.