Comments From Opposing Fans

49r

Can sometimes be enlightening.  Or at least provide a little perspective.

From the game thread over at Gopherhole.com:

"Smith is looking great. If his hot hand doesn't last, this team is going to need to find some scoring. How the hell did a superstar like Pettaway end up in Lincoln. Damn."

=======

"Nebraska just has so much talent. How it has one BT win is beyond me. Gophers rebounding well on defense and Smith is unconscious. I guess I'm just so surprised with the overall athleticism and ability of the Huskers. They clearing have a weight room. Lol."

=======

"Nebraska looks like the ranked team, not Wisconsin."

When talent and basketball IQ converge, you win a lot of games.  Last year we had pretty good basketball IQ but limited talent.  This year it's the opposite.  I'm hoping with age and experience the IQ improves somewhat (I know it's not something you can just teach a guy).  Then next year we add Fuller (who I suspect is a pretty good BB IQ guy)...we're getting there.

I live in the TwinCities and assured everyone last week the Huskers would win in Lincoln, especially with Hollins out. Everyone laughed and laughed and talked about their BIG Wisconsin win. Well, needless to say this week at work has been sublime, Now let's beat the Hoosiers!

Most of the conversations I had and read on Gopher sites were that there was much concern about playing in Lincoln. Hollins hurt and the Huskers record at home would suggest nothing else. Now I think most Gopher fans thought there was still a chance, but 9 turnovers from Mathieu and poor free throw shooting and some spotty defense along with the Huskers shooting and playing very well put an end to that chance

The Big East is just as good as the Big Ten is what I am seeing our incredibly stupid Creighton friends saying.  Do they even know anything about basketball?  Seriously, how stupid can you be to make a comment like that.  They are taking the little brother complex to extreme measures.  It is also awesome that they have that little brother complex so bad that they cannot handle understanding that us winning helps them.  It is epic that we are having a little run, since many of them hate us more than they even like themselves.  Lets keep pissing on their parade. 

Yeah it is a bummer we couldn't catch them while they are in a bit of a tailspin.  Something tells me the defense will be restored by the time we get them.  Although not as athletic and as difference making bigs on defense this year. 

True dat. But, if Wisky is playin' well later on, then it'll be all the sweeter to beat 'em to send Trey Gallegos out in style!

The Big East is just as good as the Big Ten is what I am seeing our incredibly stupid Creighton friends saying.  Do they even know anything about basketball?  Seriously, how stupid can you be to make a comment like that.  They are taking the little brother complex to extreme measures.  It is also awesome that they have that little brother complex so bad that they cannot handle understanding that us winning helps them.  It is epic that we are having a little run, since many of them hate us more than they even like themselves.  Lets keep pissing on their parade. 

Uh oh!!  Now you're on Tom Shatel's sh*t list going after his darling like that.  I actually yakked in my World Herald this morning and used some Hy-Vee ads to clean up after reading his swooning over the Jays.  "But they aren't addicted to alcohol or any other drug;  they are addicted to winning."  Gag.   I was certain that his giving us even a sliver of credit was going to be the kiss of death going into the Indiana game.  

Hoosiers Lose Big Lead on the Road Fall to Nebraska

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2014/1/31/5364428/hoosiers-lose-big-lead-on-the-road-fall-to-nebraska

I wish I was a good enough writer to put into words how I'm feeling after this game against Nebraska. Unfortunately the level of conflict felt isn't something I think even Lord Byron would be capable of turning into written word. It's not even that the Hoosiers lost last night. That was to be expected. In fact, the computer models pretty well nailed it. Never underestimate the power of math in that sense. But no, it wasn't that Indiana lost on the road by 5 to a decent team. It's how they did it.

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2014/1/31/5364428/hoosiers-lose-big-lead-on-the-road-fall-to-nebraska

I wish I was a good enough writer to put into words how I'm feeling after this game against Nebraska.

You felt as though your clock was Creaned.

I wish I was a good enough writer to put into words how I'm feeling after this game against Nebraska.

You felt as though your clock was Creaned.

The Men of Corn made IU's crew look like Crean of Wheat that 2nd half!