'Fans' leaving at 1:19 left in the Game

I agree that it is a losing battle when discussing fans who choose to leave early, but it should not be a losing battle in directing them away from fans who stay in their seats (or in my case standing).  They are a distraction and sometimes they can block the views of those wanting to see action.  I watched some of them walk between the band and their director.  Really???

It is called common sense and common courtesy.  If you want to leave, do not make yourself the event by walking proudly in front of others.  If you leave, do so humbly by sneaking out the back door.  Idiots.

A couple guys in the row behind me left with around 2 minutes left and one of them even commented that he was leaving then because he wanted to beat the traffic. I just about said something but figured I'd save my voice for the refs. I actually stick around while my son goes to where the players leave the floor and tries to get a game used souvenir (he got Pitchfords shooting sleeve yesterday). By the time we exited, ate at Jimmy Johns and I walked to parking lot 7 it was clear sailing out of town. I'm a very impatient person but have realized if I show some patience and consideration to others the short wait in traffic isn't that bad.

Sounds like the people by me in 114

I'm going to speak on this issue as I've been a member of the "leaving early" crowd from back at the Bob.  I'll be amazingly honest and say that my leaving early at the fair grounds had everything to do with the excruciating mental anguish sitting in line to leave the parking lot caused me.  Now at PBA, I'm actually much happier staying to the end of the game because of the parking options.  Since I refuse to pay a cent to pay to park to watch a basketball game in Lincoln, Nebraska I usually park downtown somewhere and hike over to the arena.  Last night was pretty freaking cold, but I left after the game was over, had a nice walk to my car and sailed out of downtown.  

Now that I've admitted I now stay until the end of games, I'll remind you all that we do live in America.  And since people pay their hard earned wages to spend on what they choose, we can probably stop this cat and mouse game of crying over a few people who have decided not to stay until the bitter end.  It is a pretty tired and pedantic argument that seems to only come from the small fraction of people who seem to hover over their keyboards on this website Let's be glad as many show up as do every game and cheer extra hard once they leave ok? k thx bye

18d652e6af3c2c8ae5d2c0617451fb0f.jpg

I have no idea what this traffic jam everyone that leaves early is talking about. I've never had to wait in traffic. Granted last night was one of the few times I didn't stick around at a bar after the game, but I walked right to my car, pulled right out of the parking lot, right onto 9th street and off I went. Zero waiting. If you want to leave early fine but they really shouldn't herd everyone to the same exit. It looks bad on TV when there is a line behind one basket and the game isn't over yet.

Yeah.  People in Nebraska have weird ideas about what, exactly, constitutes traffic.

I've only seen one semi-mild case of post game traffic, and that was after the FGCU game when the O street viaduct was closed.  Otherwise, it's been a piece of cake.  And I stay till the end of games.

I have never had an issue with traffic after a game.  I think it is more an issue with getting out of a parking garage.  There have been times (exception rather than the rule) where it does back up considerably in Deck 1, taking as long as 15-25 minutes to get out of the garage.  I'm pretty sure that's what drives some (never me) to skip out of a game a little early.  Once out of the garage, traffic is fine. 

I have never had an issue with traffic after a game.  I think it is more an issue with getting out of a parking garage.  There have been times (exception rather than the rule) where it does back up considerably in Deck 1, taking as long as 15-25 minutes to get out of the garage.  I'm pretty sure that's what drives some (never me) to skip out of a game a little early.  Once out of the garage, traffic is fine. 

Tough to beat that walk to the car  ;)

We stay till around one or two minutes left when the game is a blowout and till the very end if the game is still in question. My wife and 4 year old daughter attend every game with me and we have had numerous times my some douschebag has pushed or ran into my 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER trying to exit on the concourse when we've stayed till the very end! I am the loudest fan in my section and it does not make me or anyone else any less of a fan for leaving a minute or two early to avoid the rush however the people leaving at the 7:59 TO do puzzle me!

One thing I'll say, with 1:19 left in the game, we were up 10. That lead *should* be safe every time...which, by the way, we did hold onto.

Someone, can't recall who, was diminishing our win over Minny by saying we barely beat them.  A 10 pt lead with 1:19 isn't "barely" in my book.  The final score was closer than the game was.  It only got close because they managed to hit some desperation threes while we were not quite perfect from the stripe. 

We held a lead from 10-14 points from 15 minutes to go all the way down to the last minute of the game.  That was NOT a game where we snuck out of there with a win. 

One thing I'll say, with 1:19 left in the game, we were up 10. That lead *should* be safe every time...which, by the way, we did hold onto.

Someone, can't recall who, was diminishing our win over Minny by saying we barely beat them.  A 10 pt lead with 1:19 isn't "barely" in my book.  The final score was closer than the game was.  It only got close because they managed to hit some desperation threes while we were not quite perfect from the stripe. 

We held a lead from 10-14 points from 15 minutes to go all the way down to the last minute of the game.  That was NOT a game where we snuck out of there with a win. 

Desperation threes, and us bailing them out by fouling them early in the possession.

The end of the game could have been played smarter by our kids, but I agree.  It never really was in doubt after about the 2-3 minute mark.

We sit in section 322 and we have left our seats early for a few games, we have watched the end of the games from the top of the lower bowl on the north end, we have done this to beat the traffic, living in Omaha this helps get home a little quicker especially on weekday games.

Hopefully next season the Huskers will get more than 1 Saturday home BIG home game.

I agree as a new father if the game is in control you can leave. Anyone can really leave when they want. If its a blow out or game in hand I will leave to get a sleeping infant home and not risk being stuck in traffic. I would challenge anyone to be a bigger fan then me but sometimes life changes. Now if game is close I am there until the end or if I leave my son at home I am there until the end;)

I've mentioned it before but other than my one Husker trip a year I have to settle for watching U of A games here in Tucson. These guys are so disappointing that a large number of folks start leaving with five minutes to go. If only they had some basketball tradition at McKale Center.

Seriously though, I'm going to be thankful that my life works out that I can go to and stay to the end of games even if I'm not the same loudmouth fan I was in my youth. There's room for everyone on the bandwagon, just please don't block the view of others when you roll out early.