Are we selfish or...

Silverbacked1

Unlike most, I don't have a problem with Walt's shot.  It was shot with about 49 seconds on the clock, which allowed a 2 for 1 opportunity.  It was out of a time out and I think it was actually intended to be a quick shot for that reason, which actually made me happy b/c it is the first time all year I have seen Miles call the 2 for 1.  And, it actually worked, b/c PSU failed to convert on its possession and we got the ball back still down just 2 with plenty of time on the clock.  But that is when Biggs went Biggs and lost the dribble, resulting in a dunk and 1.  Ball game.

The shot by Walt was not he problem and was not selfish IMO.  If anything, I think it was the play that was designed by Miles during the TO.

Unlike most, I don't have a problem with Walt's shot.  It was shot with about 49 seconds on the clock, which allowed a 2 for 1 opportunity.  It was out of a time out and I think it was actually intended to be a quick shot for that reason, which actually made me happy b/c it is the first time all year I have seen Miles call the 2 for 1.  And, it actually worked, b/c PSU failed to convert on its possession and we got the ball back still down just 2 with plenty of time on the clock.  But that is when Biggs went Biggs and lost the dribble, resulting in a dunk and 1.  Ball game.

The shot by Walt was not he problem and was not selfish IMO.  If anything, I think it was the play that was designed by Miles during the TO.

Matt Davison said as much also when the Walt shot the ball.

I think this team at times does not trust their teammates. PSU had much better guard defenders, which did not allow us to drive the lanes like we did against OSU. We did shoot 10 for 23 from 3 point range. At times we fail to move without the basketball in the half court, which doesn't help us.

That carries over to the defensive end. On the possession where we had decided not to foul, Biggs had no reason to leave his man. His man ended up nailing a 3, and led to Miles chewing him out.

just over confident?

I think that Walt felt in his heart of hearts that that 3 was dead on.

And Biggs just felt like he was going to break some ankles and make the lay up late.

I think we have more delusions of grandeur about our game than guys who are totally selfish and stat padders.

What do you guys think?

Biggs trying to break a press by himself and then trying to tie or win the game by attempting to split 2 defenders at the top of the circle, sure seems selfish to me.

I think we are coached to play loose and confident, at times it's great, at times it backfires. I imagine when we recruit "better" players, those decisions will look better. The Biggs 1 on 4 press break was the straw that broke our back imo. Just a moronic decision

The Biggs plays that resulted in turnovers were a little loose by a guy trying to make a play. My issue is I didn't see a loose and confident team for the several minutes prior to the Biggs turnovers. I saw a team that went into safe mode with everyone trying to be ultra careful and smart with the ball instead of just playing basketball. It's like everybody tensed up to the point where no one wanted to be the guy to try and make the play. Nobody wanted to be the guy to shoot the open shot. That is also a problem. We can't get careless with the ball but we also can't get so complacent and careful that nobody attempts to make a play.

just over confident?

And Biggs just felt like he was going to break some ankles and make the lay up late.

I think we have more delusions of grandeur about our game than guys who are totally selfish and stat padders.

What do you guys think?

Biggs trying to break a press by himself and then trying to tie or win the game by attempting to split 2 defenders at the top of the circle, sure seems selfish to me.

Or maybe just trying to make a play that no one made all night.

This was a bad one for me. We had a chance to turn a corner tonight against the worst team in the league and had them on the ropes, then pissed it down our leg. I'm gonna pour myself a glass of Templeton Rye, then another....then another

OK, this is off topic, but how is Templeton Rye? Is really worth the extra $ over Old Rockgut, which I prefer when watching games?

Also crazy that we controlled the boards for 36 minutes but got destroyed the final four. Shavon got worked twice down the stretch where he was in position to control a defensive rebound. Shavon also had two really bad weak fouls for and 1's…. Leslie missed bunnies. The zone through Petteways late game drives wacky and Miles had no answer….

But yes, more than anything.. Biggs was absolutely awful. 1-4 from the line. Leaves his guy late to give up a wide open 3, horrible turnovers and bone headed decisions. Ball should be in Terran's hands late. 

Also, why Pitch for Leslie on last possession? You want another shooter? fine, I'll buy that but Walt screened and rolled to the room, pretty sure I would rather have Leslie setting the screen & rolling to the rim. Miles was brutal down the stretch, just like the team.

Embarrassing loss. 

just over confident?

What do you guys think?

is it selfishness or just not smart?? he can score but situational thinking is not his strong suit IMO. selfishness is more than just one player on this team.

This was a bad one for me. We had a chance to turn a corner tonight against the worst team in the league and had them on the ropes, then pissed it down our leg. I'm gonna pour myself a glass of Templeton Rye, then another....then another

OK, this is off topic, but how is Templeton Rye? Is really worth the extra $ over Old Rockgut, which I prefer when watching games?

I like it.

I like it.

Its my go to, made in Iowa so you can usually find it at a decent price in Nebraska. It goes down real smooth, very little bite to it

The team lack energy all night and Rivers at least brings that to the table.

https://twitter.com/HuskerHC/status/426721862844809216

No shit huh? Man maybe I do have an idea what I'm talking about....

I've been seeing people bring it up enough to look into it.

Obviously it's a somewhat cherry picked piece of information.

This team plays so undisciplined at times it makes you want to pull your hair out.  It is almost like Miles is letting them play this way at times to prove a point to them that they need to be more disciplined to win.  "Ok guys, I will let you do it your way and when that doesn't work, then you try it my way."   I think that they will grow as a team eventually.  Maybe not this year, but next.  I think this is what you see in a building process.  2 steps forward and then 1 step back(or vice versa).  

I like it.

Its my go to, made in Iowa so you can usually find it at a decent price in Nebraska. It goes down real smooth, very little bite to it

$28 at Walmart or Sams in CB. cant find it within $10 of that in Omaha. Very good stuff.