Midland Exhibition Game Thread: It Don't Come Easy.....

cipsucks

The theme of the 2012-13 Husker season has to be "It don't come easy". We're probably looking at a lot of ugliness in Tim Miles first season, but I know Husker fans are looking past the warts of this season to the potential beauty of years to come.

"Forget about the past and all your sorrow. The future won't last, It will soon be your tomorrow."

Let's just get a win tonight and not worry about style points. I'm anxious to see how our returners have improved in the off-season. Too bad Shields is on the shelf for a couple weeks. GBR!

I picked Ringo singing at the Concert for Bangla Desh because he forgot some of the lyrics. I have a feeling that's the way this season will go for the Huskers. (But after they screw up, they'll give you that loveable grin....) :)

Ahh, the comforts of returning to an old tradition after a lengthy hiatus. Nice pick with Ringo, cip. Just remember to mentaly stash away Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills when the panic button goes down later in the season. If anything to make me laugh (and is there truly a higher purpose than that?).

Now to find this game....

tcp! Didn't expect to see you tonight, what with marijuana being legal and all.....Can I send you some jerky to help cure the munchies?

woo hoo! actually, you're a year early. and it was already legal for me, anyway...:) (medical!). Problem is, VA says no can do since state law is apparently optional now.

On a lighter note, the btn feed sucks for the money it costs. Man, so much to learn about this team and the players. I feel like I'm watching a pickup Div 2 game on ESPN 47.

We lost the tip. Ubel lost the tip to a 6'2" kid. Huskers 8/25 from the field, 5/12 from 3, 8 turnovers, 18 rebounds. Talley, Gallegos, and Rivers playing well. Almeida is slower than ever. Our 7'1" freshman can't dunk. Ubel 0 points, 3 fouls in first half. Not liking the new arena announcer and apparently we now play WNBA music during timeouts.