[FALSE] - PBA putting an end to storming the court

Huskerbb73

I was listening to Sharp and Benning and they were interviewing Steve Sipple and he hinted at PBA officials putting an end to storming the court as they weren't very happy about it the other night.  Has anyone else heard of this?  

What are they going to do? Install a moat?

Wish they gave one ounce of the same consideration to the food served in the joint.  

This X1,000,000.  For what they charge, you would think you are getting NY Strip Steak.  My son and I ate there at the first game we went to and he told me that next time, we should eat somewhere before we go.  

Cops on horses with snarling dogs can stop it.

At the Orange bowl in 1994 when the Huskers won their first national championship in forever, not a single unauthorized person stepped foot on that field after the game. 

Thousands of us wanted to storm the field, but cops atop horses and with German Shepherds in tow did the trick!

Cops on horses with snarling dogs can stop it.

At the Orange bowl in 1994 when the Huskers won their first national championship in forever, not a single unauthorized person stepped foot on that field after the game. 

Thousands of us wanted to storm the field, but cops atop horses and with German Shepherds in tow did the trick!

Massive difference between National Championship game vs Regular season basketball game. With that being said I haven't really dealt much with PBA security outside of the UNLPD. We've been more or less left alone by the security up until the rushing of the court on Monday. 

So is it the University's floor or the arena's floor? I feel like if the University actually paid for the floor they play on, and that the University is a major tenant to said arena, they would have some sway over this decision.

Maybe the good folks at PBA can just hang tight a couple seasons. Beating a top program shouldn't be that big of a deal by then. No need to rush the court if we're the top team...

If they're (PBA) worried about the floor, which is debatable if they should be if the U owns it, it's already showing signs of wear. On the first half offensive end for sure it looks like the surface outside the lane a bit is taking some abuse. Anyone else notice this?

I think the offensive end of any half has been taking abuse for us.

Wish they gave one ounce of the same consideration to the food served in the joint.  

This X1,000,000.  For what they charge, you would think you are getting NY Strip Steak.  My son and I ate there at the first game we went to and he told me that next time, we should eat somewhere before we go.  

lol...but from what I've heard on the board...the buffet for the people that have the $$$ to pay for the box seats is pretty good. Guess that is where they are putting all the time to getting correct.

lol...but from what I've heard on the board...the buffet for the people that have the $$$ to pay for the box seats is pretty good. Guess that is where they are putting all the time to getting correct.

I sit in the club seats and the buffet isn't actually very good.  For $26 you get to eat all the hot dogs, burgers and some sides.  The side sides are usually decent.  You can also get cookies.   They serve some of the same food they do at the concession stands you just get as much as you want.

If they didn't want to hurt the floor, they shouldn't have hired some roller bladers to do whatever they did against michigan.

Exactly. 

I suspect the worry from somebody higher up is more that somebody might get injured and sue the U or PBA.  Same reason our cheerleaders can't do the lifts and other stunts every other cheerleading squad still does.