2014 JUCO PG Trey Dickerson

TheKamdyMan

Shouldn't this conversation be taking place on the recruiting board?  Nothing says "quality fan base" like publicly bashing a kid that just committed to our conference rival.  Now if you want to say all these things from the comfort of the private recruiting forum, then by all means continue. ^_^  

Shouldn't this conversation be taking place on the recruiting board?  Nothing says "quality fan base" like publicly bashing a kid that just committed to our conference rival.  Now if you want to say all these things from the comfort of the private recruiting forum, then by all means continue. ^_^  

I see what you're saying, but I still want to do the Husker Power chant. 

I won't ever speak in a negative manner about a kid who we are pursuing, but I am glad we parted ways. And make no mistake, Miles made up his mind the minute Trey decided to take a visit to Iowa on this weekend. Trey's a talented kid, but the PG position at Iowa is Gesell's until he graduates. Best of luck to the kid.

All I'll say about Trey is that his persona on Twitter represents a red flag to me. I base that on two decades of watching athletes get recruited. I thought he was a major talent and felt he really could have helped us, but I wonder if he's truly a team player and how he'd respond to adversity. Oh well. 

All I'll say about Trey is that his persona on Twitter represents a red flag to me. I base that on two decades of watching athletes get recruited. I thought he was a major talent and felt he really could have helped us, but I wonder if he's truly a team player and how he'd respond to adversity. Oh well. 

Trey really seems to love tweeting, which makes me wonder why he wants to play for a coach that banned Twitter during the season.

Here is Tarin Smith's twitter for those that are interested: https://twitter.com/Smittee_.  I don't see any red flags at all.  

People can say all the negative things they want about Trey, his character, etc.  But it's pretty clear that Miles and his staff thought enough of him to spend a lot of time and resources wooing him.

I just find it strange that right after Miles went to watch Trey last Sunday - the next day Trey announces that he is visiting Iowa this weekend......when before he had planned on visiting Nebraska this weekend.  The same day, Miles schedules a trip to see Tarin Smith.

So either Miles saw something he didn't like on that visit, or maybe Trey told him he was no longer interested......but it seems strange that the interest seemed to disappear right after Miles went up there to see him. 

People can say all the negative things they want about Trey, his character, etc.  But it's pretty clear that Miles and his staff thought enough of him to spend a lot of time and resources wooing him.

I just find it strange that right after Miles went to watch Trey last Sunday - the next day Trey announces that he is visiting Iowa this weekend......when before he had planned on visiting Nebraska this weekend.  The same day, Miles schedules a trip to see Tarin Smith.

So either Miles saw something he didn't like on that visit, or maybe Trey told him he was no longer interested......but it seems strange that the interest seemed to disappear right after Miles went up there to see him. 

Only they know for sure.  My guess is Miles pressed him on his level of interest, then made a decision he'd better start working harder on option #2.