2014 JUCO PG Trey Dickerson

TheKamdyMan

as is Creighton..

Haven't seen that anywhere....but they only have 1 schollie available. 

...and we only had one available a couple of weeks ago, too...

True, but who do they cut loose? I don't anticipate any RS would transfer after their first year.  Does their ginger center leave? Probably the only candidate as he's mediocre...but hes also their only backup to Artino next year.  Trey's buddy seems to be putting up some quality numbers...but I'm not sure if we sign Trey if they are a package deal

I saw his numbers as 10 points 6 boards? I would much rather have Deng… but what do I know. Got the creighton piece from Twitter (just fans flooding his wall claiming that they have 18+ at every home game) O well, I have trust/faith in Miles to get what we need. Hopefully that is Trey. Judging by Atwood's twitter feed, interest from whichita state is mutual as well. 

I saw his numbers as 10 points 6 boards? I would much rather have Deng… but what do I know. Got the creighton piece from Twitter (just fans flooding his wall claiming that they have 18+ at every home game) O well, I have trust/faith in Miles to get what we need. Hopefully that is Trey. Judging by Atwood's twitter feed, interest from whichita state is mutual as well. 

20 PTS and 9 Boards a game.  But he isnt the biggest big man...6'8 215.  Not sure if he fits the mold we are looking for.  That's why I think if they really are a package deal we don't be getting Trey. 

as is Creighton..

True, but who do they cut loose? I don't anticipate any RS would transfer after their first year.  Does their ginger center leave? Probably the only candidate as he's mediocre...but hes also their only backup to Artino next year.  Trey's buddy seems to be putting up some quality numbers...but I'm not sure if we sign Trey if they are a package deal

No idea. Did you think Biggs was going to be kicked of the team three weeks ago? Stuff happens.

as is Creighton..

No idea. Did you think Biggs was going to be kicked of the team three weeks ago? Stuff happens.

No, but I did think one or two transfers was a high possbility after the season ended. 

as is Creighton..

No, but I did think one or two transfers was a high possbility after the season ended. 

But that's just wishful thinking without any real evidence to base that off of. In fact, the evidence would probably indicate the opposite is more likely. As Doc always said, that stuff tends to work itself out. 

as is Creighton..

Yes.  And so did a lot of other people.

I kept hearing from so many places that there was very little chance he'd keep his nose clean enough to last through the end of his eligibility.  He had one strike left and no one I ever heard from thought he'd be able to do it.

as is Creighton..

Yes.  And so did a lot of other people.

I kept hearing from so many places that there was very little chance he'd keep his nose clean enough to last through the end of his eligibility.  He had one strike left and no one I ever heard from thought he'd be able to do it.

Fair enough. Point remains, stuff happens. If CU wants him and his buddy, they'll find a way to make it happen. Same goes for us or any other team.

as is Creighton..

True, but who do they cut loose? I don't anticipate any RS would transfer after their first year. Does their ginger center leave? Probably the only candidate as he's mediocre...but hes also their only backup to Artino next year. Trey's buddy seems to be putting up some quality numbers...but I'm not sure if we sign Trey if they are a package deal

But that's just wishful thinking without any real evidence to base that off of. In fact, the evidence would probably indicate the opposite is more likely. As Doc always said, that stuff tends to work itself out.
Not wishful thinking at all. Before Biggs getting kicked off you are right..we had one schollie available. Yet Tim Miles said how many times we were just one big away? But he was still recruiting guards and forwards? Maybe he thinks Hammonds can fill that void starting next year...now that I would say is wishful thinking. Oh and add those comments to go with his thoughts on Serj? Doesn't take much to see that Serj is on the chopping block. He may very well be here next year thanks to Biggs, but before that it appeared we would over sign this year.

Hmm I didn't see those numbers. There's plenty of room for a 6'9 PF I think if he really is a player like it seems. The whole package deal seems kinda lame but with 19 year olds, who knows. Dickerson is still planning on visiting according to his twitter feed and if we get him on campus, especially for a game, I like our chances

Well, the depth at the 3 is already there with Shields and Fuller, why recruit a juco to play the bench? I dont think staff would use it on his friend just to get him. That is just my opinion.

I would like to have Trey, but if we believe Tai is the PG of the future, we would have 2 sophmore PG's. I think this staff really needs to focus on getting Trey and another Leslie type big.

We need more talent across the board, wherever it can be found.

I wouldnt be opposed to going after a kid who could transfer and play right away. A kid just transfered from Louisville to CSU, Florida had a big man get dismissed but I think they are gonna take him back. I wish we were in on more high school talent. They are working so hard, I just dont know why we cant close on them. I totally agree, more talented is needed everywhere.

as is Creighton..

Not saying that Groselle would transfer, but Zach Hanson will be Artino's back up next year, Groselle third in line.

as is Creighton..

Not saying that Groselle would transfer, but Zach Hanson will be Artino's back up next year, Groselle third in line.

Then who plays PF position for you next year? And who is their backup?

we dont need another 3. I dont think we take both of them. We now need a guard who can score with the ball, just as Miles said today. We also need a big who can score in the post. Between Pender and possibly Ed Morrow, who I think we will sign, a juco 3 is the least of our concerns.

I don't think the other guy is a 3.  I think he's a solid 4.  He's 6'8" and 220#.  And he's putting up beastly rebounding numbers in addition to a lot of points.  Is he a 6'10" hulk?  Nope.  But Miles has said at a certain height, it's really all the same.  Once you reach big man status, you're a big, period.  I think he's there.