2014 JUCO PG Trey Dickerson

TheKamdyMan

The Hawkeyes will probably offer on his visit. I really hope he sees the opportunity at Nebraska. I don't see Iowa as being a marquee program, at least from a historical perspective. Rather, I see them as being a program similar to us that started their rebuilding process two years earlier than we did, so they're ahead of schedule relative to where we are. 

Let's say he does take that viewpoint, why wouldn't he still take Iowa? I hope he check NU out and see what's happening here for himself, but that logic doesn't seem to bode well for NU if that's how he looks at it.

College kids are hit or miss on if they know anything more than the last couple of years of college ball.

Iowa runs and plays a lot of guys.  They're also pretty good this year.  That's probably appealing to some kids.

Some interesting notes on BHGP:  http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2014/1/27/5346896/hoops-recruiting-lets-look-at-some-iowa-recruiting-targets

"Let's start with point guard Trey Dickerson. He originally committed to Murray State last year selecting the Racers over Rutgers and Arkansas. He decided to take the JUCO route instead and ended up at Williston State. There, he's averaging 20.2 points and six assists per game. He's originally from New York (Queens) but played high school in California. He's yet to receive an offer from Iowa but appears to favor the Hawks over interest from Missouri, Nebraska, Auburn and Creighton.

**Update**

Dickerson uses Twitter to gauge the interest of another prospect (Willie Atwood) about possibly playing together in the future.

Dickerson tweeted directly to Willie Atwood of Connors State Community College (Oklahoma). Atwood is a 6'8" forward that is averaging 21.1 points per game and 9.3 rebounds. Like Dickerson, his lead recruiter is Andrew Francis. Also, like Dickerson, he's yet to receive an Iowa offer but lists offers from Wichita State, Marshall and a couple others. He's receiving interest from K State, Oklahoma, Okie State, Ole Miss and a handful of other BCS level programs."

Anybody know if we have any interest in Willie Atwood, maybe making a package deal happen?

Boy, I'd be down with that.  His friend is putting up darn near double-double numbers at over 20 ppg and nearly 10 rpg.  We have the room.  We need a big and we need a point/combo guard.  If those guys want to play together in college, might I suggest ...

He chopped up Hammond?

Great, now we're back to no commits

Speaking of chopped up recruits, are we still involved with the kid who had the lawnmower incident?

Oh gawd, that was really bad of me. So sorry.

Yes we are as far as I know. That would be Nick Rogers. He's a 2015 kid out of Florida and we had him on campus for an unofficial last summer.