Jump to content
Section_316

In state kids?

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

 

Remember they had those three plus Porter who is a Husker walk on and they did not make it to state last year. Not to many had Omaha South winning it all last year. Granted North was young but you never know, especially with high school kids.

Chubick is a hell of a coach. And I believe Donovan Williams hit the game winner on Millard North's home court to make it to state and keep the Mustangs home (could be wrong tho).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khoock said:

Chubick is a hell of a coach. And I believe Donovan Williams hit the game winner on Millard North's home court to make it to state and keep the Mustangs home (could be wrong tho).

 

If I remember correctly Westside hit a wild shot at the buzzer to beat M North right after they hit a shot to take the lead. North Star beat Kearney and Kearney got the wild card. There were some exciting district finals this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

 

If I remember correctly Westside hit a wild shot at the buzzer to beat M North right after they hit a shot to take the lead. North Star beat Kearney and Kearney got the wild card. There were some exciting district finals this year.

That sounds right now that you say it. Westsides shot ended up on SportsCenter Top 10 plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, khoock said:

That sounds right now that you say it. Westsides shot ended up on SportsCenter Top 10 plays

 

That is correct. Carl Brown is the one who hit the shot for Westside, which came right after Porter scored the go-ahead bucket for MN. I was at that game.

 

Donovan did hit the game-winner at Kearney in the district final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild to think that, hypothetically, Nebraska could roll out a starting 5 of Hunter Sallis, Chucky Hepburn, Donovan Williams, Max Murrell, and Jasen Smith in 3 to 4 years.

 

Obviously its highly unlikely that Nebraska lands all of them and that all 5 turn out being contributors, let alone starters, at the P5 level. But crazy to think about the level of talent in the high schools right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, khoock said:

Wild to think that, hypothetically, Nebraska could roll out a starting 5 of Hunter Sallis, Chucky Hepburn, Donovan Williams, Max Murrell, and Jasen Smith in 3 to 4 years.

 

Obviously its highly unlikely that Nebraska lands all of them and that all 5 turn out being contributors, let alone starters, at the P5 level. But crazy to think about the level of talent in the high schools right now.

 

Given their current recruiting rankings, it would be an improvement in talent over almost any Husker team in the last probably … ever.

 

And it would be cool to have it be basically a bunch of hometown kids.

 

Edited to add (lest anyone misconstrue): I didn't say "best ever." I said better talent than ALMOST any Husker team ever. There'd probably be half a dozen or so teams with more talent on paper than that group appears to possess at this stage of the recruiting rankings.

Edited by Norm Peterson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Looks like a freshman at LNS. Could be a name to watch over the next few years

Retweets Donovan, Roby, and Cam Mack after a quick scroll so he is clearly a Husker fan. 

 

Maybe having a top 100 kid every year from Nebraska is the new norm....? 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Looks like a freshman at LNS. Could be a name to watch over the next few years

If Brennon Clemmons Sr. could have consistently hit a 15 foot pull up off the bounce and been a little better 3 point shooter, he'd have been an All-American.  He'd probably been an All-American for the University of Indiana if those things were the case, but he had a lot of talent regardless.  A great rebounder for his size, maybe the best defender Collier recruited, handled the ball well, just a really solid player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If Brennon Clemmons Sr. could have consistently hit a 15 foot pull up off the bounce and been a little better 3 point shooter, he'd have been an All-American.  He'd probably been an All-American for the University of Indiana if those things were the case, but he had a lot of talent regardless.  A great rebounder for his size, maybe the best defender Collier recruited, handled the ball well, just a really solid player.

 

And the last guy to get a triple-double in a Husker uniform if I recall correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 9:27 AM, Norm Peterson said:

 

And the last guy to get a triple-double in a Husker uniform if I recall correctly.

 

That was during an exhibition game, right? I don't know that a Nebraska men's player has ever recorded one in an official game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brennon Clemmons was one of my favorite dudes, and it seemed like he often was on the cusp of an official triple-double during his NU career. Many nights it felt like BC was on the cusp of 10 boards as a guard. Great athlete who happens to play basketball. I'd imagine his son BC Jr. could become a great NU athlete, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Looks like Millard North picked up another top player. Jadin Johnson, a point guard from Council Bluffs who is getting looks from Iowa, Creighton and others is moving into North' s district.

Ron Kellogg's nephew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Millard North is going to be stacked - both talent and height wise. Sautter thinks their starting lineup will go 6-9, 6-7, 6-7, 6-5 and 6-4.

 

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/sautter-jadin-johnson-a---point-guard-adds-even/article_894bf8b3-425d-5767-a2e7-fc04ca0c49bc.html

 

That's sick. Four D-1 prospects, including at least 3 high majors, one of whom is top 50 caliber, on a single high school team. In Nebraska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

That's sick. Four D-1 prospects, including at least 3 high majors, one of whom is top 50 caliber, on a single high school team. In Nebraska.

 

They might get themselves nationally ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...