Section_316

In state kids?

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Agree not to hijack Akol's thread.  My understanding from the other camp was that Aguek's "camp" supported the idea at the time it was presented and Miles' "camp" was surprised and taken aback at the public reaction that took place when they thought everything was agreed and a go.

Just to be clear, my knowledge of the situation comes from working at Omaha South during the time frame it went down. But none of my information is from South's coach or anyone from the Arop family. Just what I heard from other people in the building during that time period. So i am sure it was one sided news, which is why I wanted to emphasize there is always two sides to the story.

Nonetheless, glad to have Akol N.

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

So did Patton at that age.

Indeed, and Patton's progress was remarkable and he ended up at 7'. Shanklin is 6'7" and his feel for the game is a significant obstacle. Go actually watch him play a game and you'll see where I'm coming from. Shanklin's frame is better but if you're looking for 2020 bigs with upside Max Murrell at Millard North is much farther along (and even he is pretty raw). Murrell has an offer from UMKC right now and has been to Purdue and Iowa. 

What was the point of that comment, AuroranHusker? I have watched him play many, many times. I was simply saying he's got a lot of work to do before he's anything more than an NAIA/D-II prospect (which is what he currently is). 

Edited by Jacob Padilla

2 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Indeed, and Patton's progress was remarkable and he ended up at 7'. Shanklin is 6'7" and his feel for the game is a significant obstacle. Go actually watch him play a game and you'll see where I'm coming from. Shanklin's frame is better but if you're looking for 2020 bigs with upside Max Murrell at Millard North is much farther along (and even he is pretty raw). Murrell has an offer from UMKC right now and has been to Purdue and Iowa. 

What was the point of that comment, AuroranHusker? I have watched him play many, many times. I was simply saying he's got a lot of work to do before he's anything more than an NAIA/D-II prospect (which is what he currently is). 

It was a joke, I simply deleted it. No worries, mate.