In state kids?

Section_316

• 2 months later...

No way. Poor man's Mike Gessell

I can't find HS stats for the two, but Bradley always struck me as a better pure shooter. Gesell was better at most other facets of the game, though Bradley did it against better competition. If I needed to draw up a play for a shot, I'd do it for Bradley before I would Gesell.

• 2 months later...

Not trying to be a jerk but Patton did have a very solid game last night, 16 and 12 with 5 blocks vs a decent North Star team  - still I don't think an NU offer is coming anytime soon  ;) - big men do develop much more slowly, so maybe he eventually improves enough to become the next Kurkowski  ;)

Would you settle for the Creighton Kurkowski?

Definitely a reach early on in the process.  He would've been available next spring.

Did they give him a scholarship? wow

And the spin machine in the OWH and even some people on the Huskers Online are in full effect.  One person even said he could grow into a Kevin Durant.  I had to laugh out loud.

Definitely a reach early on in the process.  He would've been available next spring.

And the spin machine in the OWH and even some people on the Huskers Online are in full effect.  One person even said he could grow into a Kevin Durant.  I had to laugh out loud.

...and if we had an 86 page thread about the delusions of opposing fan bases we could talk about it there...  :D

Sounds a little like Sergej -> Gasol talk.

Hey, it's only natural...everybody just wants to hope for the best for their team.

So, I'm going to assume you are still not sold on the kid then?

Hey, it's only natural...everybody just wants to hope for the best for their team.

So, I'm going to assume you are still not sold on the kid then?

Unless he starts ripping up Class A or until he starts playing well in college I personally doubt I'll be sold on him.

If we would have signed him to a 2015 schollie I would have rationalized it in the sense of lottery ticket...much like with Surge.

I don't know much about this kid, but Anthony Davis had no scholarship offers until he grew 7 inches his junior year.

He's been this tall for over a year. Despite Anthony Davis being shorter early on in HS he still was an extremely good guard but would've probably ended up at a D2 school had he stayed 6'4'' because guys that height are a dime a dozen.  That only makes it more complex because this kid has been tall for a much longer period of time and still didn't have a single offer until this past week.  Once Anthony Davis got that tall every school in the country came calling.  This kid is like Link kabadyundi with less build physically.