In state kids?

Section_316

2 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Agree.  Some of the art has left the game being replaced with physicality.  I can count on one hand the number of dunks I saw in four days of play.  You see muggings not called and ticky-tack crap called for little or no reason.  Perhaps they should go back to two refs...because it really doesn't matter how many you have on the court...or so it seems.

I think they have to get rid of secondary defender charges, increase (or add, for hs) charge circle size, and start being super mindful of WHO created the contact and go from there. Offensive players create 80% of the contact on drives and in the air and get rewarded for it. 

12 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I think they have to get rid of secondary defender charges, increase (or add, for hs) charge circle size, and start being super mindful of WHO created the contact and go from there. Offensive players create 80% of the contact on drives and in the air and get rewarded for it. 

So quick follow up question.  Other then the shot clock in Class A, what are the HS rule changes in the last 10 to 15 years?  I contend there haven't been significant rule changes; rather, the interpretation of the rules is the significant change.  

If so, reevaluate and start enforcing that contact is a foul, anywhere on the court, and the player who initiated the contact receives the call.  Once the initial shock and awe is absorbed by coaches and players, the game will be cleaner, faster with much more scoring.

4 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Don’t mind the arc but I hate charges. I think there are way more blocks that get called charges than vice versa. 

9 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I hate charges too, if that wasn’t clear. But you have to have an offensive foul for when primary defenders beat offense to the spot and offense initiates the contact. 

Totally agree, I just think currently the defender gets way to much benefit of the doubt, except when it goes against Iowa.

Early Noon whistle? 

Man who blows the town whistle every day sets his clock every morning at the local clocksmiths shop each morning on his way to work.  One day he happens to ask the shopkeeper if his timepiece is accurate.  "Yessir," responds the clocksmith; "I set it every day by the Noon Whistle."

A really good interview with Josiah Allick on his decision to leave New Mexico:

https://www.abqjournal.com/2585403/a-basketball-decision-josiah-allick-opens-up-on-opting-to-transfer-out-of-new-mexico.html

Before anyone starts pushing for him to come here, please read or listen: 

“One of the biggest things was I just kind of wanted to go find somewhere where I would be utilized in a little bit more consistent and bigger role, and be able to do more within that role,” 

Not sure we could offer him that, unless he can take DW's spot. Averaged 30 minutes this year, so he'd be expecting to play a lot. A career 28% 3 pt shooter.

Edited by Chuck Taylor
Clarification

7 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

A really good interview with Josiah Allick on his decision to leave New Mexico:

https://www.abqjournal.com/2585403/a-basketball-decision-josiah-allick-opens-up-on-opting-to-transfer-out-of-new-mexico.html

Before anyone starts pushing for him to come here, please read or listen: 

Not sure we could offer him that, unless he can take DW's spot. Averaged 30 minutes this year, so he'd be expecting to play a lot. A career 28% 3 pt shooter.

Sort of funny that Richard Pitino is running a fast paced offense where there are tons of shots available and Allick is transferring because they got two guards on their team in Jalen House and Jamal Mashburn who dominate the ball so much that Allick's usage numbers make him look like Benny Parker. 

I'd agree that it seems like Allick is thinking that he's going to drop down and be more of the focal point of an offense somewhere.  Who else we land would dictate his minutes but I could very much see us having a mutually agreeable offensive role for him for the minutes he'd be on the court for us.