In state kids?

Section_316

On 11/11/2022 at 7:21 PM, hskr4life said:

Not a HS recruit, but Hunter got 24 minutes his first game this year but has played just 9 minutes tonight.

Watched the Zags vs Mich St and Texas and he’s pretty much a non factor…atleast offensively. 

Ive seen some suggest he may still turn pro after this year but it appears he has fallen quite a bit in mock drafts. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

So who are the best up-and-coming in-state kids? Who has a shot to be B1G caliber? Not play at the level we're currently at, but be a program improver who can get us to the level we need to be at? Is there anyone, or were the last few years a flash in the pan?

Overall, appears to be a Tim Miles style flash in the pan. 

But there is Chuck Love, a sophomore at Lincoln Southwest. He has offers from Missouri, Northern Iowa, Missouri State and UMKC. Nebraska, Kansas and Virginia Tech have also shown interest. I haven’t seen him play yet, but they say he’s very skilled for his age/size (he’s 6’6”). He’s also a coaches son, as his dad is… Chuck Love.

23 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

In Lincoln, in addition to Love, you have Clemmons, Jr at Northstar and Bazil from Notheast.

Here is a list of Prep Zones [I think] top 4.

Rank Player High School
1 Josiah Dotzler Bellevue West
2 Tate Odvody Omaha Westside
3 Jake Brack Omaha Skutt
4 Porter Bazil Lincoln

Clemmons isn't a D1 player. Never has been, he's gotten hype because of his name

13 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

Clemmons isn't a D1 player. Never has been, he's gotten hype because of his name

That may or may not be true.  Per Rivals, these are schools interested in him:

SCHOOL
INTEREST
VISITS
OFFER
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

That may or may not be true.  Per Rivals, these are schools interested in him:

SCHOOL
INTEREST
VISITS
OFFER
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE
-
MEDIUM
NONE

I guess I could see a small D1 school take a shot on him because he's 6'8 and can shoot from the perimeter but I have a gut feeling he ends up at a D2 school. Notice how none of those schools have offered a scholarship. Not even Omaha or South Dakota.

Don't follow super closely but from what I recall, he had a good freshman AAU showing, then broke his leg, and then I haven't heard much of him since. So maybe his development didn't have a high ceiling to begin with, or injuries lowered it, or both. Not sure.

@Jacob Padilla got any insights as the Nebraska prep expert? 

On 11/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Don't follow super closely but from what I recall, he had a good freshman AAU showing, then broke his leg, and then I haven't heard much of him since. So maybe his development didn't have a high ceiling to begin with, or injuries lowered it, or both. Not sure.

@Jacob Padilla got any insights as the Nebraska prep expert? 

TheGov21 is correct.

Josiah Dotzler looks like the only high-major kid in the 2023 class.

The 2024 class is filled with really good high school players, but a lot of them lack the physical tools to be safe bets to translate to high-major college basketball. Treyson Anderson, a 6'9" stretch big at Lincoln Pius X, is the only player in the class who currently holds a D-I offer (South Dakota State). Jaden Jackson (Bellevue West), CJ Mitchell (Omaha Westside), Elijah Gaeth (Millard North), Will Cooper (Millard South), Marcus Glock (Wahoo) and Neal Mosser (Millard North) are all guys D-I schools are watching, but they all have a long way to go.

In 2025, I wouldn't expect Nebraska to get involved with Chuck Love (for reasons you can probably guess). A'mare Bynum, a 6'7" forward from Omaha Bryan, is the guy to keep an eye on. He played for MOKAN with Chuck this past summer and is the son of former Iowa State hooper Omar Bynum. Long arms and can shoot it a bit. 

On 12/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, basketballjones said:

Omaha Concordia has an absolutely massive 6'9" dude who can stroke the 3pt. Looks to be a tweener though... Not big enough to be a P5 Center, not quick/athletic enough to be a 4 man. 

Not sure who that is, but if he goes to South Dakota and becomes Mike Daum 2.0, I’m gonna be frustrated. 

11 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

His name is Quientan McCafferty. He's not that kind of shooter (few are). Very raw but he's improved a great deal over the past year. 

Was Mike Daum at that time?  From what I recollect, he really really turned it around after he got to college.  

Speaking of Mike Daum, this is from his Wiki page:

Professional career

Obradoiro

Daum was available for the 2019 NBA draft, but was not selected. He was subsequently signed by the Portland Trail Blazers to a summer league contract.[13]

On July 27, 2019, Daum signed his first professional contract with Monbus Obradoiro of the Liga ACB.[14] Daum averaged 9.0 points per game, 0.4 assists per game and 3.7 rebounds per game. [15] He re-signed with the team on July 21, 2020.[16]

On July 22, 2021, Daum signed with the newly promoted in the Italian Serie A, Derthona Basket.[17]

The Basketball Tournament

Daum joined House of 'Paign, a team composed primarily of Illinois alumni in The Basketball Tournament 2020. He led all scorers with 21 points and 10 rebounds in a 76–53 win over War Tampa in the first round.[18] Daum scored 23 points as the team upset Carmen's Crew 76–68 in the second round.[19]